• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Mate 700 FT?

JimK

Well, I've got the bug bad, and am considering a cabinet humidor. I live in Florida, though, and temperature is a constant concern. I have looked at several temp-controlled humidors, including Aristocrats, and they are well out of my price range. One that is still out of my price range, but could happen, is the Cigar mate 700 FT (scroll down). It is a wine and cigar cabinet, with two different climate systems for wine and cigars. My wife likes it because she likes wine, so the SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor) is high.

Do any of you own or have experience with one of these cabinets? I am particularly interested in the construction, insulation, and type of cooling system employed.

Thanks for your input.

JK

That seems like a seriously big cabinet for $3K, you'd never find just a humidor that size for only $3K let alone one with a cooling system. If the wife likes it I think you have a winner.

Apparently it is also sold under the Vinotemp brand, as seen here (click on model 31). Apparently this particular model is just for cigars, though they have models that are combos. I infer that the Cigarmate and Vinotemp businesses are somehow related, perhaps Vinotemp makes the climate control and Cigarmate makes the cabinets, and the market the result under their respective brands name.

So if anyone has any experience with Vinotemp/Cigarmate cabinets like these, let me know. I spoke to Vinotemp, but of course, I'm lookng for a slightly more objective opinion, hence my thread here.

JK