• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Mechanic Humidity Beads

WindingDown

So I'm giving up on the idea of building my own humidor and will buy a humidor (Adirondack 100ct) from cheaphumidors.com. I'm looking to switch to beads as they seem to be the preferred option to jars and longer lasting than packets. cheaphumidors.com carries cigar mechanic beads and they are half the price of heartfelt. Does anyone have any experience with this brand and can offer insight on whether or not they are any good? I understand Heartfelt is the undisputed King and probably for good reason but I'm interested to hear about anyone's experiences with cigar mechanic.

It's 15.99 for the rectangular system including beads. Heartfelts is 35 for similar size. Heartfelts is the one I'll probably go with just on reputation and I prefer the appearance of the stainless steel. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with cigar mechanic's beads

The rectangular system has 40 grams of beads in there for $15.99. Half pound of Heartfelt beads (226 grams) is $19.94, steal a stocking from your girlfriend or wife and put the beads in there BAAAM! you don't need the rectangular system casing.

I haven't tried any others, I also haven't had any issues with the Heartfelt beads. They may cost a little more, but it should be a purchase you won't need to make again.

Winding, I don't know of any of use that don't use Heartfelt and that's saying a lot with the membership we have. You asked us about humi's and we gave you a responsible reply. When your speaking of storing nice sticks, why quibble over $5? Heartfelt is set and forget, they simply WORK.

I would skip the beads your cigars will be fine. Buy cheap cigars and humidor and the beads aren't needed. Like dry boxing the cigars what could be better?

Spend your money the way you want. If you ask for adivce at least understand that we have loyalty to the vendors that support us. Heartfelt is run by a gentleman that has earned our trust and loyalty! His product, service and pricing are top notch.

Also, I must add. If you go to petco or any other pet store you can get those Fish Tank Acurel Media Bags to put your beads in and you just spray them when you are ready to recharge them, they are about $2, they work great!

acurel-filter-lifeguard-media-bag.jpg

whylieineedacigar said:
Also, I must add. If you go to petco or any other pet store you can get those Fish Tank Acurel Media Bags to put your beads in and you just spray them when you are ready to recharge them, they are about $2, they work great!

acurel-filter-lifeguard-media-bag.jpg
I didn't know about these. I'm about to add another pound of beads to my new humi, so this will work out great. Thanks for sharing.

Pugman1943 said:

I didn't know about these. I'm about to add another pound of beads to my new humi, so this will work out great. Thanks for sharing.

They look almost the same as the ones Heartfelt sells, I own a few of the ones he sells also.

bfreebern said:
I just use panty hose (new of course) to contain my beads.
I like these because they are made out of nylon, I have never used a panty hose but I know that they can tear pretty easily and I'm guessing that they would stay wet longer after spraying the beads.

Yeah I'd say heartfelt is the way to go and clearly trusted 'round here. I was trying to do this as cheap as possible but I guess humidification is not the place to skimp out on. I'm seriously looking at savoy humidors as suggested in my other thread.
Thanks for all the advice! I shall go back to lurking again.