• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass March Madness Tournament

Fast4Dr

Single Malt Newbie
Welcome to the Cigar Pass March Madness Tournament

Entry:
Each entry (bracket) will cost you 2 ISOM's (no machine mades). All entry fees (cigars) should be sent to me as I will disperse them to the winner(s) once the tournament has ended. You will be able to submit entrie shortly after the brackets are announced on Selection Sunday (March 14th around 9pm ET). All entries must be submitted no later that 12pm ET on March 18th. All entry fees must be received by be no later than March 27. If your entry fees are not received by then you will be removed from the pool. Feel free to enter as many times as you like.

Scoring:
You will receive points for each correct game winner you choose. The number of points will be calculated as follows:
Round 1 win - 1pts
Pick a Sweet 16 Team - 2pts
Pick an Elite 8 Team - 4pts
Pick a Final 4 Team - 8pts
Pick Semi-final Team - 16pts
Pick Chamption - 32pts

If you get a pick correct you will also be awarded additional points equal to the winning teams Seed#

If you have any questions please PM me.

You can find the pool at CP/CW March Madness Tournament

What no college basketball fans here?? Is there something wrong with the rules? Should we include non-ISOM's as well?

Fast, for the past several years cohibasurfer has organized a March Madness contest here and there was always enough interest to make it fun. With that said and no offense to you, I've been holding out for Michael's contest to try and win some of my cigars back from last year....LOL! :D

Allofus123 said:
Fast, for the past several years cohibasurfer has organized a March Madness contest here and there was always enough interest to make it fun. With that said and no offense to you, I've been holding out for Michael's contest to try and win some of my cigars back from last year....LOL! :D
Still smoking some of those, I do believe!!! :D

Allofus123 said:
I understand.. If cohibasurfer runs his I will shut this one down

Fast, I'll play... if you plan on keeping it up.

One hypothetical though~ assume you pick Duke (a viable #1 seed) to go all the way, and they do... you will only get 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 pts... 20 total. Someone picks two underdogs, and they have more points than the Dukies regardless if that underdog wins again. Does that sound right? Or did I miss the boat?

vewyphishy said:
Fast, I'll play... if you plan on keeping it up.

One hypothetical though~ assume you pick Duke (a viable #1 seed) to go all the way, and they do... you will only get 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 pts... 20 total. Someone picks two underdogs, and they have more points than the Dukies regardless if that underdog wins again. Does that sound right? Or did I miss the boat?
That is correct.....In my opinion the best part of the Tourney is picking the cinderella teams...therefore you are rewarded for it

JoeInvest said:
Allofus123 said:
....... to try and win some of my cigars back from last year....LOL! :D
Still smoking some of those, I do believe!!! :D
*$%(#*$&%^$&$%!@ :angry:

;) :D :sign:

I sent Michael an e-mail to see if he's doing it again this year, if not you'll be able to count me in.

Some suggestions: Might want to look at changing the entry fee to premium cigars so as not to leave out people that don't have access to the illegal cigars. I'm also in favor of increasing the entry to 5 premium cigars and only having one entry per person. Makes it a bit fairer to those that don't have the time to keep up with multiple entries.

Haven't looked over your site yet but is there an advantage/disadvantages to using it over say a site like SI?

So the winner of the tourney pool doesnt necessarily have to pick the big winner of the actual tourney, right?

And what do you mean by "per bracket"? Does that mean at most 4 entries per person?

vewyphishy said:
So the winner of the tourney pool doesnt necessarily have to pick the big winner of the actual tourney, right?

And what do you mean by "per bracket"? Does that mean at most 4 entries per person?
the winner of the pool does not have to pick the acyual winner.....correct

Bracket meaning the entire sheet

Fast4Dr said:
Bracket meaning the entire sheet
Oh, LOL... I thought there were 4 brackets (for each of the regions) in the tourney. As you can see, this is mainly why I don't usually participate in this type of game. I don't have a clue what any of this means!

HAHA... and with that said, I'm going to tear you all up and win your sticks. :p

I'm in, whoever runs this thing...I have a crown to protect!!! :sign:

So, Fast, All or Mike, whoever, just PM when we get this nailed down.

Humbly submitted by the KING OF 2003!

The non-boasting Joeinvest :D

I have a few guys over at CW that have signed up but not a single CPer :(