• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar pass rating experiment Part DEUX REVEAL # 4

CgarDan

This is from a brand I really like, but first time with this particular cigar

RESULTS

CONSTRUCTIONFLAVORCOMPLEXITYAPPEARANCETOTAL
BLIND RATINGSOUT OF 35OUT OF 50OUT OF 10OUT OF 5OUT OF 100
cabaiguan juan
35​
41​
9​
5​
90​
Le Primauguet
34​
44​
7​
3​
88​
Gavin
35​
25​
2​
3​
65​
JoeMO
35​
46​
8​
5​
94​
CBoukal
32​
38​
6​
5​
81​
wingman1974
28​
31​
7​
4​
70​
modo22
10​
20​
4​
5​
39​
Aalvord2
35​
45​
8​
3​
91​
TexEagle
22​
32​
6​
3​
63​
modo22 Friend
25​
45​
7​
5​
82​
drunkfish3
35​
40​
7​
5​
87​
JArtimez
33​
45​
8​
3​
89​
H. Vachon
34​
47​
6​
5​
92​
Smokemorestressless
35​
40​
5​
4​
84​
Johnny B
26​
34​
4​
3​
67​
30.27​
38.20​
6.27​
4.07​
78.80​
WITH THE BANDS
CgarDan
32.00​
42.00​
6.00​
4.00​
84​
BurnBerry
35.00​
40.00​
7.00​
5.00​
87​
dawgie34203
20.00​
10.00​
1.00​
4.00​
35​
29.00​
30.67​
4.67​
4.33​
68.67​

Review Notes:
A visually pleasing cigar. Noticeable sun spot in the wrapper. Notes of dark coffee, and leather. Final third evolved into a very smooth and rich smoke. Draw and burn were great.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11:15 - 12:15
Cool evening
Woody, nutty, plenty of smoke, great taste, not getting a specific note I can identify but enjoying stick, sweet, creamy, just relaxing and enjoying some classic rock, would smoke often, box worthy
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This cigar had two very visible wrinkles in the wrapper, and a couple more that were not as bad. The feel was nice and firm. The burn was not good. It canoed right out of the gate and through multiple touchups kept right at it. I thought maybe it was due to the Dickman cut, so I cut it off straight, but to no avail. I fought it the whole way. The draw was too tight for my liking.

Pepper and…more pepper. Pepper from start to finish. I don’t like it

Despite the wrapper wrinkles, visibly, this cigar looked pretty good. The wrapper was a nice looking dark brown. I appreciate the skill that goes into rolling this particular vitola.

If this cigar wasn’t part of the experiment, I would have dropped it in the ashtray after 2 inches and grabbed something else.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Touch up required. Wrapper went to shit. Believe it to be a ybor city smoke. Phenomenal smoke cloud. Earthy. Medium. Decent ash when it settled down from the huge hole in the side.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was pleasantly surprised, good pick.

Draw was weak, not a lot to it. Started to tunnel and was hard to keep it going. Became very sweet ½ through but then built up tar! Reclipped and it smoked better, taste of chips/pringles, but not complex at all. Just an overall struggle. I MUST have gotten a bad stick as I assume this was just a one-off issue, it was disappointing.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Initial impression was bad, as the draw was really, really tight. However, with some appropriately targeted chewing, it opened up. Pretty good smoke. My second favorite of the bunch.
While I love the perfecto shape, the wrapper is dull and mottled with a vein the size of the I-5 freeway going down it. Flavor is one note, the same throughout, a meaty woody flavor. Burn is VERY even for a perfecto.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
55 minutes

Velvety snooth wrapper, cocoa brown.
Mineral/ smooth cold draw
Same 1st puffs
Mineral, pete, dirt, earth, tannins, yea. Sweetness after a while.
Fairly consistent, great burn, predictable solid ash.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nice experience
I’m a big fan of the Solomon vitola. No visible seems or bumps.

Started out very smooth and sweet. The flavor just kind of covers your palate between puffs. There is quite a bit of cayenne pepper in the retrohale. I get notes of cocoa and cedar.

Very consistent, but multiple discernible flavors.

Cool vitola. No apparent defects.

FINAL REVEAL :
Purchase site: Cigarking
Purchase price: $6.56
Cigar: Viaje Exclusivo Double Edged Sword Leaded
Cigar Aficionado Rating : nothing for this particular vitola but here are versions of this blend https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/search?brand=&page=1&q=viaje+exclusivp

This is from a brand I really like, but first time with this particular cigar

RESULTS

CONSTRUCTIONFLAVORCOMPLEXITYAPPEARANCETOTAL
BLIND RATINGSOUT OF 35OUT OF 50OUT OF 10OUT OF 5OUT OF 100
cabaiguan juan
35​
41​
9​
5​
90​
Le Primauguet
34​
44​
7​
3​
88​
Gavin
35​
25​
2​
3​
65​
JoeMO
35​
46​
8​
5​
94​
CBoukal
32​
38​
6​
5​
81​
wingman1974
28​
31​
7​
4​
70​
modo22
10​
20​
4​
5​
39​
Aalvord2
35​
45​
8​
3​
91​
TexEagle
22​
32​
6​
3​
63​
modo22 Friend
25​
45​
7​
5​
82​
drunkfish3
35​
40​
7​
5​
87​
JArtimez
33​
45​
8​
3​
89​
H. Vachon
34​
47​
6​
5​
92​
Smokemorestressless
35​
40​
5​
4​
84​
Johnny B
26​
34​
4​
3​
67​
30.27​
38.20​
6.27​
4.07​
78.80​
WITH THE BANDS
CgarDan
32.00​
42.00​
6.00​
4.00​
84​
BurnBerry
35.00​
40.00​
7.00​
5.00​
87​
dawgie34203
20.00​
10.00​
1.00​
4.00​
35​
29.00​
30.67​
4.67​
4.33​
68.67​

Review Notes:
A visually pleasing cigar. Noticeable sun spot in the wrapper. Notes of dark coffee, and leather. Final third evolved into a very smooth and rich smoke. Draw and burn were great.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

11:15 - 12:15
Cool evening
Woody, nutty, plenty of smoke, great taste, not getting a specific note I can identify but enjoying stick, sweet, creamy, just relaxing and enjoying some classic rock, would smoke often, box worthy
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This cigar had two very visible wrinkles in the wrapper, and a couple more that were not as bad. The feel was nice and firm. The burn was not good. It canoed right out of the gate and through multiple touchups kept right at it. I thought maybe it was due to the Dickman cut, so I cut it off straight, but to no avail. I fought it the whole way. The draw was too tight for my liking.

Pepper and…more pepper. Pepper from start to finish. I don’t like it

Despite the wrapper wrinkles, visibly, this cigar looked pretty good. The wrapper was a nice looking dark brown. I appreciate the skill that goes into rolling this particular vitola.

If this cigar wasn’t part of the experiment, I would have dropped it in the ashtray after 2 inches and grabbed something else.

Touch up required. Wrapper went to shit. Believe it to be a ybor city smoke. Phenomenal smoke cloud. Earthy. Medium. Decent ash when it settled down from the huge hole in the side.
Was pleasantly surprised, good pick.

Draw was weak, not a lot to it. Started to tunnel and was hard to keep it going. Became very sweet ½ through but then built up tar! Reclipped and it smoked better, taste of chips/pringles, but not complex at all. Just an overall struggle. I MUST have gotten a bad stick as I assume this was just a one-off issue, it was disappointing.
Initial impression was bad, as the draw was really, really tight. However, with some appropriately targeted chewing, it opened up. Pretty good smoke. My second favorite of the bunch.
While I love the perfecto shape, the wrapper is dull and mottled with a vein the size of the I-5 freeway going down it. Flavor is one note, the same throughout, a meaty woody flavor. Burn is VERY even for a perfecto.
55 minutes

Velvety snooth wrapper, cocoa brown.
Mineral/ smooth cold draw
Same 1st puffs
Mineral, pete, dirt, earth, tannins, yea. Sweetness after a while.
Fairly consistent, great burn, predictable solid ash.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nice experience
I’m a big fan of the Solomon vitola. No visible seems or bumps.

Started out very smooth and sweet. The flavor just kind of covers your palate between puffs. There is quite a bit of cayenne pepper in the retrohale. I get notes of cocoa and cedar.

Very consistent, but multiple discernible flavors.

Cool vitola. No apparent defects.

FINAL REVEAL :
Purchase site: Cigarking
Purchase price: $6.56
Cigar: Viaje Exclusivo Double Edged Sword Leaded
Cigar Aficionado Rating : nothing for this particular vitola but here are versions of this blend https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/search?brand=&page=1&q=viaje+exclusivp
Well, hope I can find it. I had it as my favorite stick for October on your COTM page.