• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass

lucasbuck

Sheriff Buck
Hey everybody,

I'm thinking of starting my first Pass and I'd like to ask for votes as to a couple boxes of sticks that people would be interested in as I'm a new smoker and don't have much in the humidor yet. I was thinking of starting with two or maybe three different cigars roughly half or a third of a box of each. Any input and interest would be much appreciated. Thanks and Happy Smoking!

-Craig

Craig, I think its up to you. I'm kinda new but have seen these guys pass just about any thing. I have done 4 or 5 blind swaps and have completed 2 passes and waiting on my third to get here and just launched my first BOMB yesterday. I personaly like anything from A. FUENTE, TORANO, CAO, INDIAN TABAC, PERDOMO, MONTE, hell threres just to much out there to list them all. Maybe you should do a couple of blind swaps with some of the other members to get a feel for what these guys are keeping in treir humies. What the hell, I'm up for a 5 or 10 styx blinder if you would like. Hey throw a mesage out there to kurtcigar1, he might be interested in a blinder also. Just my .02 cents worth, but this is how I settled in around here and it seemed to work out pretty well so far... WELCOME ABOARD BRO!!!! GARY

I'll join your pass. Just put something you like in and the other passers will match the sticks. Any of the well known brands as mentioned before will be fine. Throw in some LGC, Partagas, RyJ, Hoyos, etc. Anything like that.

I will also do a trade with you.

PM Sent.

By the way... Welcome!

Probably the best thing to do is take a look at the "What's You've Been Smoking Lately" section of the board and that will give you an idea of what the members like.

BTW I like your sig picture. Nice choice! :thumbs:

Yea, Welcome, and nice sig. I remember when the pic was published. If I remember right there was just something about it I instantly liked. :D

Anne Archer is a great actress and beautiful woman. :thumbs:

Yeah, ditto on the sig pic.... :thumbs:
Pertaining to the pass, what I too would also suggest just as a few others have said. Do a few blind trades with some of the guys here, it will help you get to know others here and definitely broaden your variety of ceegars. :)

Hi Craig,

I've been involved in two passes in with the cigarpool.com crowd and the passes conisted of mostly midpriced cigars ($4.00 to $8.00). Some were:
Padron
Hoyo
LGC
Ashton
Avo
Onyx
RyJ
Montecristo
Puros Indios
Partagas

I think ya get the idea, the major brands you find at your local tobacconist.

Another suggestion is do an "all maduro" pass or "all robusto" for those who prefer to stick to a certain wrapper or size.

Let me know if and when you start one as I'd be willing to get in on it.

Bill

..and the best bet may be to put one each of several different types in the box rather than several each of a couple of types...

i.e. 10-15 different cigars vice 2-3 each of 5 different cigars. Remember, variety is the spice of life and the joy behind the pass.

Count me in on a pass or a blind trade. I am always willing to do either.

ALostTexan

Thanks for all the great feedback. I think I will take the advice of a few of you and make some trades first to get a feel for things and vary my larder a bit more. This way I'll get to know a few of you better and have a better selection when I do start my first pass. I'll PM to get the details. Oh and thanks for all the compliments on the Anne Archer pic. I fell for her in Fatal Attraction and she's been one of my favs ever since. I just love that pic.

-Craig