• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Prices

brownnation

I've heard so much about Padron's handy little x000's series from many of you here that I decided to pick some up. I usually order from CI, but when I went to order them last month, they were totally out of almost everything (probably b/c of you guys). Anyway, I ended up picking up a fiver of 3000's that was paired up in a small sampler.

The whole thing got me thinking about cigar prices. On many occasions cigar prices will drop if the cigar isn't performing well on the market. I was just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a cigar increasing in price b/c of the popularity? I'm not trying to give them any ideas or anything, but it would seem to me they could get a couple bucks more for the Padrons.

Just curious,

Brown

You shut your mouth right now. Don't give the Padron's any ideas, even if I would be willing to pay a few dollars more for their cigars. :laugh:

As for your question, I've only been in this for about 6 months so I haven't seen a lot of fluctuation, but I've heard talk about cigar prices going up 10-15% in the next few months. Can't recall right now why that is, but I know someone smarter than me can give you the answer.

I've heard so much about Padron's handy little x000's series from many of you here that I decided to pick some up. I usually order from CI, but when I went to order them last month, they were totally out of almost everything (probably b/c of you guys). Anyway, I ended up picking up a fiver of 3000's that was paired up in a small sampler.

The whole thing got me thinking about cigar prices. On many occasions cigar prices will drop if the cigar isn't performing well on the market. I was just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a cigar increasing in price b/c of the popularity? I'm not trying to give them any ideas or anything, but it would seem to me they could get a couple bucks more for the Padrons.

Just curious,

Brown

My local B&M can get Padrons anytime.

They and Ashtons have fallen 'off the radar' a little, I believe due to the influx of some new brands (there's only so much money to spend on cigars :laugh: ).

As far as an increase in price - market value will tell. Hype of a new product leads to premium prices. If the product is 'just ok' you will most likely see a decrease in price(ie Cohiba M5). If the product is good it will retain it's value. In some cases, quality coupled with demand will send the price up - I have not seen this, yet!

Yeah I noticed the other day that CI was selling Padron's from website and had never seen that before, unless I am stupid, which of course is possible. Anywho, there are plenty of vendors on CP to help you, if you need names PM me.

Brandon

PS. Try the newbie sampler thread Linky

Well since you asked, the most recent example of this has been Pepin Garcia. Probably about two months back we received a letter from them tat they were increasing their prices on their Don Pepin brands.
They blammed it on gas/fuel prices but I think its because Pepin is enfuego!

Well since you asked, the most recent example of this has been Pepin Garcia. Probably about two months back we received a letter from them tat they were increasing their prices on their Don Pepin brands.

I thought it was because of some increase in the minimum wage in Nicaragua?

Linky

Linky

That wouldn't account (shouldn't account) for a 10-20% increase on the stock.

Beside - it was only a 6.5% increase in a certain area. (linky) whoops...missed the country! :blush:

Looks like it was a 15% increase - linky.

What ever increase occurs will mainly be for profit...not that that's a bad thing...but at what cost.

Raise prices sometimes equals lower sales! :D

I can't believe nobody mentioned Opus cigars? Well, those are sticks that certainly have inflated in price due to demand and quality...

You shut your mouth right now. Don't give the Padron's any ideas, even if I would be willing to pay a few dollars more for their cigars. :laugh:
2x.

I wasn't paying particularly close attention but did anyone notice a rise in prices of the legal cigars that made the CA Top 10 list?

Linky

That wouldn't account (shouldn't account) for a 10-20% increase on the stock.

Beside - it was only a 6.5% increase in a certain area. (linky) whoops...missed the country! :blush:

What ever increase occurs will mainly be for profit...not that that's a bad thing...but at what cost.

Raise prices sometimes equals lower sales! :D
You're right, it shouldn't as there are other factors at play (fuel, weakened currency, shipping costs going up).

I haven't seen any supply and demand type price fluctuations. It seems like there are so many cigars out there that it would be difficult for a company to leave the competitive realm price wise.

In the past 4 years (as long as I've REALLY paid attention) I've seen the normal annual increases and some discontinued stuff dropping in price, but for the most part the spikes and dips happen more in private sales and the online auctions. Of course when you move the discussion to more hard to find stuff, all bets are off and the price usually only goes up.