• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Recommendations for a Noob

Flushnutz

I have searched and read several threads on what people like and dislike, but taste is obviously very subjective. It seems like one person will hate a cigar and another will love. I am looking for advice based on what I have tried and liked and what I have not liked.

Loved

Oliva O Series
RP Decade

Liked
RP vintage 1990

Ok
Arturo Fuente

Did not like
Gurkha Titan (seemed to have no flavor)
Gurkha Regent (actually it was ok, but I wouldn't purchase it again)
Nub Habano

While I really like the O Series and the Decade, I cannot afford them as every day smokes, any suggestions based on my preferences so far.

Thanks in advance.

DW

Try some of the Padron thousand series cigars, there inexpensive and are really good.

edit: Northernmorris beat me to it. Those are great cigars to try, or go to Holts or CI and try some samplers. Or check out the Noob bombing thread.

Which Fuentes did you try? Give the 8-5-8 a try, then perhaps something from the Hemingway series.

Padron is a good one.

Maybe Oliva G? Or Tatujae P series?

Which Fuentes did you try? Give the 8-5-8 a try, then perhaps something from the Hemingway series.

Not really sure. Isn't there just a Arturo Fuente Cigar. I think it said Grand Reserva on it.

Thanks. You guys are great and fast. Lol.

I was already thinking about the G series and the Padron. What is the difference between the 2000, 3000, etc.

Not really sure. Isn't there just a Arturo Fuente Cigar. I think it said Grand Reserva on it.

Thanks. You guys are great and fast. Lol.

I was already thinking about the G series and the Padron. What is the difference between the 2000, 3000, etc.
Size.

Doc.

Size and shape of the cigar. Check out the Padron sticky it shows them all.
Which Fuentes did you try? Give the 8-5-8 a try, then perhaps something from the Hemingway series.[/quote

EDIT: Well... yet we meet again Northernmorris!

When you can, try out to Newbie Sampler Trade thing in the B/S/T forum. The FOG that gets paired up with you will ask you for a list just like the one you posted and will send you a variety of smokes along those lines to get you started. It's a great way to try out new cigars that should be tailored to about your tastes.

When you can, try out to Newbie Sampler Trade thing in the B/S/T forum. The FOG that gets paired up with you will ask you for a list just like the one you posted and will send you a variety of smokes along those lines to get you started. It's a great way to try out new cigars that should be tailored to about your tastes.

Thanks I will look into that.