• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar rejects

SFG75

Master-passer
In a cigar store lately, I saw a few boxes labeled: "Churchill rejects" and the like. Would it be correct to assume that reject-boxes are cigars the makers sell at a discounted price?? If so, are they worth having in one's stash?

Not sure, how did they look? I guess if they at least looked decent, and weren't expensive, I might buy a few.

Last ones I saw labeled Churchill Rejects were mix-fill. Don't think they were seconds but were made with clippings from some long-fill brand.

I think you can find much better deals buying non-rejects from the big internet sellers than most of the "specials" in your local cigar store.

As cigarsarge said, these rejects are probably not long filler cigars.

I wouldn't waste my time with them ;)

cigar.com sells robusto and churchill rejects. Box of 50 for around $55.

They are longfiller, but have some sort of wrapper imperfection. I have some of the Robustos and they are quite tasty. These are my 'when I'm not sure, but I'm going to smoke something' smokes.

I like to marinade these. For a buck or so, you can experiment and not be out too much if it ends up tasting like poo (I'm still trying to get one to taste like a steak w/A1 sauce - closest I've come is to be eating and smoking at the same time).

I've seen them in a local discount smoke shop (cigarettes mainly, very few cigars) and they look like the boxes I get from cigar.com. They were getting $3.50 each. I didn't buy one, for obvious reasons (I've got my own stash of 'em).

M. Gipson

Each store/company/online retailer has their own definition of a "reject."

One consistent brand of seconds is consuegra.

Other than that brand I would stay away from seconds/rejects etc. Overall I would recommend buying the real deal at the best price you could find.

Seems like everyone goes through a period of finding good deals, ordering stuff off of Cbid, etc. I know I did, big time. Waste of time and money. Now I know what I like and I try to KISS.

Makes life simpler.

Curly Head deluxe are great reject cigars! :0

OK, OK, so there not advertised as rejects or seconds but I'd have to say their short filler taste great and it has been said that this short filler comes from the scraps of a few impressive cigars. ;) :D