• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Reviews, Cuba Libre Presidente

Firestorm

Just got in a box of Cuba Libre Presidentes... these are describe as follows:

The Nicaraguan cigar fan will like these rich and aromatic cigars. Slightly peppery and easy drawing.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Flavor: Medium
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

This is a fairly pretty cigar... no obvious surface blemishes noted. It is darkly wrappered, though not the deep shades of a Madura, nor with such detectable sweetness

This cigar had a light prelit fragrance, and fired up easily with a torch. It started, easily, burned evenly and smoothly down to nearly the band.

The draw was very smooth and cool, with no obstructions. The cigar burned evenly down to the band, and dropped a total of 2 very attrractive light grey ash heaps each at about 1.5 inches with no effort.

Its initial taste was light and nutty. As it burned the tastes of almonds and leather with a slight though not annoying bitterness. The bitterness receded towards the first third of the cigar, fading to a very pleasant light coffee. At half it began to take on a light peppery flavor and a hint of sweetness entered the mix. This sweetness continued to the end of the cigar. Its Peppery character continued, but never got much heavier. I deliberately smoked it to nearly the band to determine how it would smoke at its concentration point.

It never got hot or harsh even smoked to the nub. It is well labelled a medium body, though some might call it medium Light. It is a very nice "easy smoke" when you want a relaxing smoke without taking a lot of concentration. It burned for about an hour while I read a book with it.

I dont think this will ever be an " everyday " smoke, but it will definately stand as a nice once or 2x a week unwind after work smoke. It is very typically Nicaraguan, with most of its intricasies being subtle rather than overwhelming. ( ie it does not beat upon thee as it burns as some are want to do..)

I would probably give it a 6-7 on a 10 scale, though my experience is limited! :D

I have a Jose Marti Cuba Libre Torp I received in a box pass. My question is this, is Cuba Libre the name of that line of smokes, or is it the name of the cigar itself? BTW, nice review Firestorm.

Emo

Nice review!

Emo, I have one of those now myself! heehee

Keep em coming! ;)

DOH...He said he smoked the Presidente, and I have a torp...the 25 brain cells I have left are over matched for what I am asking them to do...LMAO ???

Emo