• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar selection at Schiphol airport?

gardkarlsen

Hi

I'm going for a weekend trip to Nice soon and I'll be flying through Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. Do any of you have experience when it comes to selection and prices at the airport?

Sorry Gard,

All I've got is comments about how funny it seems that you're buying cigars when you could be buying all *kinds* of funny stuff...

Great website by the way!

Rob

Schiphol is a really nice airport, and their liquor and tobacco store is nice as well. I saw most major brands in several formats. I was in a hurry, so I can't tell you much beyond that.

All I've got is comments about how funny it seems that you're buying cigars when you could be buying all *kinds* of funny stuff...
Great website by the way!

Rob

Thanks. What kind of funny stuff are you talking about? :cool: I have used Schiphol quite a lot and I know it is a great airport for shopping. But I have never really looked into the cigar selection or the prices.

Hi

I'm going for a weekend trip to Nice soon and I'll be flying through Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. Do any of you have experience when it comes to selection and prices at the airport?

i love your website. now i want to travel to stavanger, norway. what a picturesque harbor.

cheers
drew p

I was at that arport last May on a layover on my way to Greece. You can buy cigars duty free at many shops there only if you have a boarding pass for outside the European Union. If you're traveling within the E.U., you can still buy cigars, but it's from a different selection and singles come with an additional band on them indicating that they are't duty free. The prices are a little bit higher, usually a Euro or two per stick depending on the marca (which is a lot more now compared tot he $ than it was back then). At that time I thought the selection was okay, but not great, but they still have some good cigars there and it's fun checking all the places out.

i love your website. now i want to travel to stavanger, norway. what a picturesque harbor.

cheers
drew p

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes, my hometown Stavanger is quite nice on nice sunny summer days. Unfortunatly it does rain quite a lot here and that spoils it a bit and it is of course not that warm. So most Norwegians head of to the south of Europe for their summer vacation in the search for perfect weather (and cheaper alcohol :blush: ). But there are some stunning places around where I live...like Preikestolen shown below.
alone_on_preikestolen.jpg

I do not know if you have the time or will only be able to buy in the airport, but if you can make it into the city you should really to to P.J. Hajenius http://www.hajenius.com . It is the most amazing cigar store and has a remarkable selection. It is a short ride into the main train station from Schipol and then 5 minute walk down Rokin.

When I am in Amsterdam, it is the only place I go and have never been disappointed.

Hope that helps and that you have not already gone. If you have, I hope you had a great trip and try P.J. next time.

Thanks for the shop info. I cant believe that place is right where I have been so many times before. I'll be making a stop there for sure next time im in the city.

Hi

I did buy some cigars at Schiphol on the way back. In the Schengen area of the airport there is a shop called Whiskey and Cigars that have a walk in humidor where they have a pretty good selection of cigars. When I went in there on the way to Nice the humidor was way too hot and too dry but on the way back they seemed to have fixed this so the conditions were better. There is a pretty good selection of single cigars in the selection for flying inside the EU (these were not duty free). As I was going to Norway (which is outside the EU) I could get a lot of various cigars cheaper as they were duty free but they were mostly sold in full boxes (no single cigars). So I picked up some single cigars from the EU side of the selection to bring back home. They were packed in small cardboard containers and these again were put into small plastic bags that she sprayed with some water in advance. All this went into a new larger zip-lock plastic bag.