• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Software

Firestorm

Hey gang

Has anyone found a decent windows operating system program that tracks tasting, humidor contents etc?  I was looking for a decent one, but everything I find seems to use palm pilot system.  ( What to smoke cigars you are suposed to be using a palm pilot???)

I have found ONE program called my cigar journal, but am not sure it is worth a hoot.  Has anyone got any experience with this program, or have you a better one somewhere I can acquire.  Trying to take notes as I taste and organize them into some useful and accessible system.  I am not a programmer, and dont think a simple spreadsheet will do what I am wanting.

Thanks

funny you should ask, i'm developing one myself right now. tell me what features you'd like and i'll incorporate them into the program.

Under tasting I was hoping for something that had checklist style boxes to check...... and perhaps an " other" for odd flavors not usually found... similar checkboxes for appearence, smoke, ash, scent, burn, etc. --and even better if there was some automated scale that would calculate a summary value from checklist results. ( As in so many points available in each section...) ( Some tastes and attributes would  be negative values..)  this would make it fun to just fill out each of the sections for each cigar tasted.......and then be amazed at the quantative value of the cigar...

Then another section might be a tracker for humidor puts/ takes with identifying data...These are all just thoughts, but a program that would do all of that and allow for printable or mailable reports would be a great way to compare notes.  I use XP platform, but even straight windows would be really useful!

I wish you luck in your engineering for the program you are writing.  I wish this were a skill I had!!!!!

:D

I can get cigar software for my palm!!!!Wooooohoooooo!!! This I haven't seen yet...Firestorm...fill a brother in would ya?? :D :D :D

i can do all of that if you want. you might want to write up definitions of those values, programmers like exact instructions to follow!

i was really writing this for my own uses, but hey, help me with the design and you'll have a free custom made app. made exactly to your specifications. <tho it may take a little while> this should be fun!

I have found 3 that seem to run some kind of Palm pilot platform. ( I downloaded them not realizing this and none will run of course on my desktop.)

The best appears to be "Herfer buddy(Prc file), because the sample screens seemed to be able to keep a lot of information

Another is called estogies,( PQA file) but I got no screen shots so have no idea how it looks.

HumidorUR is yet another (Prc file). This one seems to be a very good humidor tracker.. again from sample screenshots.

Use Googlesearch to find the sites for them.. that was how I found them. If you cannot I still have the zips in my recycle bin and I can restore them and send you the zips.

PBcigar is another that is a prc file, but I have no idea what it can do because no screenshots. ( And I could not open the file after I unzipped it. Good luck

Let us assume, heaven forbid, that a brother herfer had a bit of a house fire and lost his humi to it. If the software allowed for fair market value entries on sticks, then Insurance would be easier to work with. Just a thought.

sure. but of course that wouldn't apply to isom's. we'd have to bite the bullet there.

That isn't really cut in stone is it? It is my understanding that one is legally allowed to bring back from Cuba, up to 2 boxes of cigars, for their own personal use. Provided they were there on a legal visa. I am no international lawyer or anything, but it seams like it should also be legal to own a Gift of a cuban cigar from someone else, and only illegal to purchase one here. Besides, some guys (Matt) have pre-embargo ISOMS "laying around" as well. And those are not only legal, but quite valuable.

I've been using one on my Palm for a while now, it's called Cigar Master. It's not the greatest, but for me, it does the job.

It's a shareware thing, costs 20 beans. I like it. All it does is catalog your smokes and you can add notes, things like that.

I got it at poohbah.com They have some other programs up there if you're into wine and spirits.

-Tony
:cool:

i have no idea what the laws are concerning that either, but the easy answer is to just code it in and go with it. the extra info wouldn't hurt anyway.

These are Cigars Ben brother.... Not cigarettes... It has to be a BIG long ring guage pric file for sure!