• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar software

smokinbolt

So I was chicking out the post about "Cigar Register" and saw others mentioning "cigar brief case". Googled "cigar brief case" and found nothing relating to software. Since I used to use an excel spreadsheet and it was destroyed I have to start over with what I remmebr smoking. Does anyone have info or suggestions on software to use. I honestly might try a bunch of them and review them so anyone's input would help.

Cigar Register is currently horrible, not even worth the download until they fix all the crash issues and errors.

I've done Cigar Briefcase and it's ok, but right now I'm working with Stogie Rate

It's got it's own problems, but it's workable once you get accustomed to it.

I cannot get cigar register to work either. It crashes and asks for cost of cigars then says invalid number.
Found no help whatever. They just came out with an undate, but that was worse than the first verion that I downloaded. Shame--looks like a cool program if it actually worked. :(

I cannot get cigar register to work either. It crashes and asks for cost of cigars then says invalid number.
Found no help whatever. They just came out with an undate, but that was worse than the first verion that I downloaded. Shame--looks like a cool program if it actually worked. :(

I've PM'd Peter on the issues, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

It has all the makings of a great program minus one issue......it doesn't work.

Cigar Register is currently horrible, not even worth the download until they fix all the crash issues and errors.

I've done Cigar Briefcase and it's ok, but right now I'm working with Stogie Rate

It's got it's own problems, but it's workable once you get accustomed to it.

Downloaded, will check it out.

As I’m playing around with this StogieRate program, I like it more and more. You can add Pictures of cigars, cigar bands, and even sounds (though I’ve not tried out the sound feature yet). This thing even keeps track of the overall value of your collection. You can import and export in a variety of formats. Those who use Excel spread sheets can import them into the program. Brickhouse and I have been testing the import/export feature out to see if we could all work together to build the cigar database but that’s looking a little problematic. So far, when I’ve imported his additions it replaces my database with his. I’m guessing it’s just a setting that we need to figure out. And there are some other minor issues that take some getting used to but overall it’s a very workable program.

It may not look as nice as the Cigar Register and even though it’s not perfect it’s a far superior program. IMHO

edit to add:

You can get cigar band pics here

Suppose someone, and I am not commiting myself to do it, asked you to start with a blank sheet of paper and describe all the features you would want to incorporate into a fully functioning "cigar software program" what would you ask for?

Suppose someone, and I am not commiting myself to do it, asked you to start with a blank sheet of paper and describe all the features you would want to incorporate into a fully functioning "cigar software program" what would you ask for?

A stocked list where you can give your personal ratings for cigars then you get suggestions based on your ratings. It is on-line interactive so when new cigars come out it updates. It will also be interactive in that when I rate a cigar it will come up wih a "others who liked this cigar also liked..."

Id want it to store/be able to look up the following:
Cigar brand/name
vitola
size
cost
location of purchase
date of purchase
date smoked
notes you write
self-given rating
rating/notes of others

As I'm playing around with this StogieRate program, I like it more and more. You can add Pictures of cigars, cigar bands, and even sounds (though I've not tried out the sound feature yet). This thing even keeps track of the overall value of your collection. You can import and export in a variety of formats. Those who use Excel spread sheets can import them into the program. Brickhouse and I have been testing the import/export feature out to see if we could all work together to build the cigar database but that's looking a little problematic. So far, when I've imported his additions it replaces my database with his. I'm guessing it's just a setting that we need to figure out. And there are some other minor issues that take some getting used to but overall it's a very workable program.

It may not look as nice as the Cigar Register and even though it's not perfect it's a far superior program. IMHO

edit to add:

You can get cigar band pics here

Thanks for the link pre. I gave up on cigar register and starting stogierate.
Not so nice but it seems to work so far.

Features i'd like included:

tracking multiple humidors--whats in each.
better rating system than stogierate and freedom to edit to your rating.

It seems that Stogie Rate is the most functional at this point. How much am I missing if I create an excel spreadsheet with the categories I want and a notes section? At least it would do what I want and be simple to use, share, and modify.

It seems that Stogie Rate is the most functional at this point. How much am I missing if I create an excel spreadsheet with the categories I want and a notes section? At least it would do what I want and be simple to use, share, and modify.
I still use Cigar Briefcase.
It is kind of basic, but very functional.
and it does most of the following:
Cigar brand/name
vitola
size
cost
location of purchase
date of purchase
date smoked
notes you write
self-given rating

Just got Stogie Rate seems a bit cloudy so far... I guess I'll have to get accustom to it.

I've given up on cigar tracking software, just seems too tedious to me. I tried a bunch of them and finally realized I never really update it with cigars coming in and out so it was a waste of my time.

I've got a spreadsheet that contains basic information Maker, type, size, location(humi, or coolerdoor box), date received and qty. You can sort and filter by any column. I also made tabs for future buys and past cigars. I find it useful and easy. I will email it to anyone interested. PM me for a copy.

Cigar Steward is a new online site that offers some pretty good tracking features. I read about it on about.com. It stores your information online, so the tracking software is over the internet. They have a pretty extensive cigar database, and you can add cigars if they aren't already stored there. It sure beats a spreadsheet. And they have some other interesting features. They are currently in beta test with a limited membership. You can sign up to participate in the test at http://www.cigarsteward.com if you are into that sort of thing. If not, you could check-in from time-to-time to see if they've opened to the public.