• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Stores

calstogy

I think it would be nice if we could collectively put together our impressions of Cigar stores. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and travel to other parts of the world. I would love to learn more about people's cigar store experiences.

Last night I enjoyed a Club Havana cigar tasting event with LA FLOR DOMINICANA (I have no commercial affiliation with Club Havana). Originally billed as one free cigar per customer, the program switched to buy three, get one free. None the less, I smoked a fine cigar, enjoyed the complimentary food and beverages, and made some new friends.

Here are a few photos of the event:

Located in the El Paseo Shopping Center - Saratoga, CA (Near San Jose):

Club_havana_1.jpg

The La Flor Dominicana Rep:

Club_havana_2.jpg

A wealth of fine cigars and a friendly staff!

Club_havana_3.jpg

- Rick

Great idea. I will snap some photos of my regular place and share with the rest of the members.

Sounds like a great idea, i actually go to 3 differnt B&M's in my travels around NEPA and Northern N.J. I wish i knew about this thread before last night, i went to a CAO event at the store i go to in N.J. I will have to start taking pics next time i go.

Hmm, sorta like B&M reviews?

Not a bad idea at all, 'should have its own section me thinks.

Good B&Ms are getting to become scarce these days, with them either going out of biz due to high tobacco taxes, or loosing their appeal due to anti-smoking laws.

Hmm, sorta like B&M reviews?

Not a bad idea at all, 'should have its own section me thinks.

Good B&Ms are getting to become scarce these days, with them either going out of biz due to high tobacco taxes, or loosing their appeal due to anti-smoking laws.

I think it would be a great idea to have an informational thread with B&Ms organized by city/region/et cetera. That way, we'd would have an easy reference sheet...

I think it would be a great idea to have an informational thread with B&Ms organized by city/region/et cetera. That way, we'd would have an easy reference sheet...

Something similar to this LINKY , but easier to search would be my idea. Granted, this is geared more toward "where to smoke", but useful nonetheless.

Mark,

Do you mean the "site" as in cigarpass or the concept that we can collect together information about cigar stores? I agree, my first observations about Club Havana are rather sketchy and it would be nice to expand both with personal notes and perhaps more details about the store's hours, location, lounge, etc.

- Rick

Mark,

Do you mean the "site" as in cigarpass or the concept that we can collect together information about cigar stores? I agree, my first observations about Club Havana are rather sketchy and it would be nice to expand both with personal notes and perhaps more details about the store's hours, location, lounge, etc.

- Rick

In fact, I am trying pursue your collection idea on another thread in a little different way. I really appreciate your contribution and I think it was a good move forward in trying to fill an informational hole on CP.

I was specifically referring to the link the Bimmer provided (he and I are thinking along the same lines, as well).

-Mark

Good. I see I mis-read. Look forward to adding where I can. We are fortunate to have over a dozen great cigar shops in the area...

- Rick

Old Knickerbockers - in The San Francisco Bay Area
555 Santa Cruz Ave
Menlo Park, Ca 94025
650-327-7473

- Where I attended a Padilla cigar tasting last Thursday, 9/11/08.

But first, the store - Knickerboxkers. Bill Davis is the new owner and a great guy to talk to. Broad selection of cigars and you can sit down and smoke in their over stuffed chairs. The store is located on the corner of Santa Cruz Ave and El Camino, close to Palo Alto and walking distance from downtown Menlo Park. Lots of restaurants/shops and you can order drinks/food from the bar next door.

The owner, Bill Davis, also owns the more casual West Coast Cigars that I'll describe in another post.

Cigar tasting - Tim Wong, Padilla, was handing out a complimentary Padilla Habanos, plus one free cigar for every three you buy. The Habano was a very nice, medium smoke. I ended up buying some more for my humidor. When I got home, I realized I had some of their older and very nice Maduros in my humidor.

In the photo below is Tim Wong on the right. We're all invited to the Grand opening of the new Padilla Cigar Factory in Florida. I think it's October 10th - still waiting for details from Tim.

- Rick

knickerbockers_1.jpg

knickerbockers_2.jpg

Back