• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cigar5packs intro offer

gawntrail

Guys,

As you know I am a newbie. I have been smoking and buying cigars for awhile, but do not consider myself an expert of any kind. Most of the time I smoke LGC Wavell or LGC Serie R #5s (Naturals). In the last year, I have shopped cigar.com and picked up a lot of their Robusto rejects and Churchill rejects. I have found these to be good smokes. I recently ordered a bundle each of their Cuban and Cameroon labels. They are a bit robust compared to what I am used to, but with a little age they will mellow some. This is about the extent of my 'label' experience and have had the pleasure of smoking whatever someon else has offered. not really paying much attention to the smokes, but just enjoying the company. With that being said...........

I received my cigar5packs intro deal yesterday. It came USPS priority mail (i think I posted UPS, but it came USPS) and was packed well. Each '5pack' was in its own baggie and they were then wrapped in bubble wrap. All of it packed in peanuts inside the 'text book' sixed priority mail box. It also came with three sheets of paper, a form letter, an invoice, and a shipping form.

As I poured the contents out on the carpet 6 bubble wrapped packages caught my eyes (Some of you describe the 'pee-pee' dance anticipating your turn in a pass - I felt the same way, because I usually buy and smoke the same stuff). I look at the packages, carefully peel away the bubble wrap (stacking it for my wife so she can use it this coming Christmas - dishes, pictures, etc...) and I stack the baggies.

Each '5pack' is in a baggie that has the extra taped over and has a big fat sticker of the brand on the front. I look at the sticks (comparing them to the LGCs) they aren't as pretty, but who knows......

Scale 1-10: 10 being best

Baggie #1 - Tesoro Torpedos (N)
Construction 7 - wrapped a little sloppy
Wrapper 7 - veiny and some mottled coloring

Baggie #2 - Nino Vasquez (M)
Construction 8 - clean seams and head
Wrapper 8 - coffee bean Dk Brown and looked sexy

Baggie #3 - Cabo Classic (N)
Construction 7.5 - head looked wierd on a couple
Wrapper 7 - Looks like these guys were rushed

Baggie #4 - Original Cuban Torpedo (N)
Construction 6 - finished head is not uniform and looks 'bent'
Wrapper 8 - look smooth and like a caramel color

Baggie #5 - Original Cuban (N)
Construction 6 - Sloppy (looks like the roller did it one-handed)
Wrapper 6 - vericos veins!

Now.......these are all I believe bundled cigars. They are the 'padding' for this intro offer. On to baggie #6............

Baggie #6 was the 'hook' of this offer. They offered 5 premium cigars and the others I described for $45.95. Me, not really a tight wad, and wanting to try new things, inked up...............

Baggie #6
H. Upmann
Romeo y Julieta
Montecristo
Onyx
Macanudo

Now, these are the premiums. I've read what alot of you guys and others have said about these different smokes........ I figured it would be a good way to 'try' something else other than my stand by LGCs................

Here is the offer (edited in - this offer is no longer available - the link is dead)

http://www.cigar5packs.com/specials/index....3&action=cintro

Baggie #6
All 'cigars' are slightly larger in girth than a #2 pencil. They are all about 3 inches long. I'm not sure what you guys call this, but I call it ****ty. Maybe in my haste to try something new and trying to 'fit in with the in crowd' I over looked the important detail of 'premium cigars are 1/5 regular size' or 'premium cigars not shown to scale' or 'premium brand names are meant to hook you, but you are really paying 200% over retail for some bundled cigars'.

I feel very disgusted. I looked at them again this morning (hoping they were going to expand to full size once introduced to the humidor) and it just reaffirmed my thought last night. I got F**ked. It's my own fault, because I am the one that pushed all of the buttons on the transaction. We live and we learn.

I did smoke one of those Nino Maddys - It was pretty good. Stronger than I'm used to, but good none-the-less. I guess I payed $9 each for these and got the rest for free.

I haven't called cigar5packs yet. I'm going to wait until I've smoked 1 of each of the 'bundle' cigars. I'm saving the mini-me smokes for............I don't know what yet. I've got 4 more to go and then I will make a decision on how to address cigar5packs.

It was ironic though............On the form letter it says..........

".........Everyone is looking for a cigar company they can rely on and feel secure with purchasing from. Some cigar companies out there will tell you that they have great deals on new premium cigars and once you receive them you find out they are not exactly what you would call premium cigars.........."

(they mention customer service and 100% satisfaction.........I'll reserve judgement until I have smoked the other 4 and called them)

If a ****ty cigar is a dog rocket...........what is a ****ty LITTLE cigar ?
A RAT ROCKET ?

Can't help but laugh. My wife looked at the miniature phalics and giggled.......she says then with a straight face, "Are you trying to cut down?"

Marveling at my own gullibility,

M. Gipson :)

So let me get this straight. You got one of each cigar listed in baggies 1 through 5. In baggie 6, you got the 5 mini-premium cigars. And for these 5 big (I use that word loosely here) cigars and the 5 mini-cigars, they charged you $45.95?

Or did they send you 5 of each (1 through 5) for a total of 25 PLUS the 5 minis?

Regardless, seems like a really crappy deal to me. A decent sampler pack from Famous Smokes doesnt run more than $25 or $30 and all of their smokes are at least corona sized and from recognizable brands.

Part of the blame falls on your shoulders for not reading the fine print. But the fact that there IS fine print and that you HAVE to read it before buying... that screams shaddy to me.

Sorry to hear. :(

Fishy,

It was 5 of each and the mini-me 5 pack for a total of 30.

The link I posted is now dead, but here is the new one

http://www.cigar5packs.com/specials/index....4F7B8F0E7748A46

Down where the 'premiums' are listed they do state the sizes (the price has gone up some since I ordered and the link is different, HUMMMMMMMMMMMM)

Oh well.......Life's a box of chocolates, I just don't like mine sat on before I get a chance to taste 'em.

M. Gipson :)

Actually it's not too fishy. The deal you got for $45.95 was for people who signed up on our mailing list and the regular price of $47.95 is for the general public.

We clearly stated the cigars you were going to receive with out concealing anything. The Montecristo is displayed as Montecristo memories cigars and so on.

You received 30 cigars of which all were either Churchill or torpedo size except for the premium 5 pack which we again, told you the brand and type of cigar it is.

I feel bad you felt like you were ripped but i think this is a great deal and explained everything you were going to receive clearly and believe me, this is a loss leader sale.

C5P

jpshakehead.gif

You want "REAL" 5 packs, 3 packs and singles at great prices > cigar express Great service, great people. No need to explain themselves ;)

Ditto what Joe said about Cigar Express...I ordered from them a couple years ago and was always impressed.

1. if you're not 100% satisfied (and I can't see how you would be) return the order as per the express warranty of: "100% satisfaction" which accompanied the offer.

2. Check out the latest weekly special from JR, it's up already and (IMHO) a lot better than the one that 5packs hooked you with.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=weekly_specials

3. thanks for the "heads-up".