• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigarlady's Famous Teriyaki Chicken

cigarlady

This is the BEST teriyaki chicken ever!

3 to 4 pounds Chicken Wings or Legs
1 to 2 cups Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Lite Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/2 tablespoon Ginger Powder
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
1/2 tablespoon Black Pepper

Chicken Seasoning:
1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
1/2 tablespoon Ginger Powder
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
1/2 tablespoon Black Pepper

1. Cut off chicken wing tips, snip the skin between the joints, and remove excess fat
2. Place wings or legs in a large disposable tin baking pan (VERY important b/c the baked sauce will be really hard to get off of any other pan)
3. Combine the "Chicken Seasoning" recipe in small dish and sprinkle evenly over chicken
4. Cover with plastic wrap well and marinate overnight (you can opt not to marinate overnight, but the flavor will not be as tasty)

Next day:
5. In a glass measuring cup, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, garlic powder, ginger powder, onion powder, black pepper, and pour over chicken so every piece is covered in sauce
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
7. Place disposable tin pan on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 1 hour, tossing and basting every 15-20 min. (Another VERY important step as this is how the chicken will absorb the flavor)
8. After 1 hour, increase the temperature to 425 degrees F
9. Turn chicken to coat evenly and cook an additional 35-45 min., tossing and basting every 15 min. to avoid burning

Makes 4-6 servings and is great as an appetizer or as a meal

It goes great with plain white or brown rice. I enjoy spooning the extra sauce onto my rice...yum! :)

I'm not a chicken person (much prefer red meat), however this really is the best chicken I've ever had. You guys have to try this one. :love:

I will try this recipe on Saturday and let you know what I think.. It reads pretty damn good :D

Ineresting ingredients. Kinda like woodchuck oriental. :laugh:

Doc.