• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars and Pipes

SmokinInCanada

Just a question for anyone on this board who smokes a cigar and also a pipe.

My first love is my pipe and I know I never will give it up but also I'm getting into the world of cigar smoking/collecting also. I know I will continue to buy smoke and use my pipe but also be buying and smoking cigars also. I think I will focus more on cigars i.e. getting a humidor and buying/trading cigars from where ever I can and I'll be buying the occasional amount of tobacco for my pipe to smoke also.

I was just wondering does anyone do both? Collect and smoke cigars while also smoking a pipe from time to time? Or is it just better to focus on one?

I took up smoking ( and stock piling ) cigars while living in sunny Southern Arizona and Northern California, where I could smoke any evening of the year without fail. I could simply take the laptop outside on the porch and smoke when working or relaxing. Since returning to my roots in Michigan, I took up smoking a pipe to supplement the long winter, when smoking for an hour plus isn't feasible without suffering hypothermia. While I still prefer a nice cigar, the pipe experience has been a new avenue of discovery. Come Spring and Summer, I'll most likely pick the pipe up less frequently.

On a side note SmokininCanada, this thread would be better served in the Pipe Forum. :thumbs:

Yes this should have been in the Pipe forum. I've been smoking pipes for almost 11 years now and same with cigars. First week of April is the 11th year, but I was no stranger to pipes growing up. My Grandfather and father both smoked pipes so I was acclimated to pipe smells and loved it when Pop would pull out his cheap briar and smoke it. I collect pipes as I do cigars. Like Miles, I generally smoke my pipe more in the winter time than a cigar due to the cold climate. But come Spring time, I will switch back to cigars. But I will pull out my pipe during all seasons. :thumbs:

I smoke both with a split of about 70% cigars/30% Pipes. Prefer meers when I smoke but also like italian briars like cavicchi and radice.