• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cigars brands

Raulh

I recently purchased a La gloria cubabna classic Wavel maduro at a local smoke shop, that I really liked. So I order 5 on line. What received had a different ring on the cigar. Did they do a bait n switch on me or do these companies change their labels? Please advise
Thank you.

Saw this on one of the mega online retailers:

Note: La Gloria Cubana recently underwent a packaging update. We currently have a mix of old and new packaging, so you may receive either. The cigars are the same, just the bands & boxes have changed.

Welcome to CigarPass!

Go to the intro forum and tell us a bit about yourself.

Note: La Gloria Cubana recently underwent a packaging update. We currently have a mix of old and new packaging, so you may receive either. The cigars are the same, just the bands & boxes have changed.
That's what I was told by the retailer. They offered to take them back, but said they don't have any of the new stock available. Me being new to this. Is it truly the same cigar? Or should I return these and try to find some with the new band?

That's what I was told by the retailer. They offered to take them back, but said they don't have any of the new stock available. Me being new to this. Is it truly the same cigar? Or should I return these and try to find some with the new band?

Sounds like it's the same blend, just new marketing. If it's only a fiver, I'd try and smoke them and see if you like them or not. What can it hurt?

Welcome to CigarPass!

Go to the intro forum and tell us a bit about yourself.
Also, this. :)