• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars Etc. Sells Counterfeit Cubans

newellja

I had a friend living in the Cocoa Beach area stop by the Cigars, Etc. outlet and inquire about my favorite Cuban the Romeo Juliet Churchills. "Ken" opened a special section in the humidor and represented a box as the real thing. Friend procurred the box and sent them to me. Much to my chagrin, they weren't even close on the band and smoked like a bad Mexican cigar. Worse, he refuses to accept blame. Said no one else has complained. Taken once but not again. I thought it worth while to expose this nefarious merchant and warn others to avoid the store.Cigars Etc.
5360 N A1A
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

Yeah... most ISOM's sold by American Cigar retailers prove to be fakes. Especially in FLA. Sorry to here you were taken. If you were disatisfied they should take back the merchandise and refund for any unsmoked sticks. Especially since they could be exposed in more ways than one... get my drift?

Never trust stuff that comes outta Florida, I just buy vintage Cubans from JR and pay a little more...

Just a reminder. It is illegal to sell Cubans in this country. So, unless the retailer wants to get into trouble, they will NOTsell REAL Cubans. One local retailer did and paid a hefty fine when he got busted.

Buy straight from the sorce

just vacation in an ISOM

;)

Mabye I'm the only cynical one here, but I'm surprised no one else has commented on the fact that this guy comes in and makes one single post trashing a cigar shop.

Now sure, as many of you said, they were probably fake, buyer beware, and all that - but has anyone considered the possibility that what he described possibly never happened, and this guy owns a cigar shop down the street?

Hey, maybe it's all 100% true, but I'd like to think that he would have posted more since then, if he was truly interested in "us" and the board.

Just my opinion - take it or leave it.

Dave :sign:

That post was made exactly one year ago today. :D

You're right Dave... Beware of those who post things like this once, and never post again. But then again he probably posted on all the cigar boards and never posted on them again...

I do agree with you Henry. Buying from the source, vacationing on an ISOM, these things would certainly eliminate the guess work. However, there are those (myself especially) who cannot afford to make such a pilgrimage. Heck, I can't even afford to buy ISOMs in the first place. But I would say most guys on this board, or any other for that matter, must buy their ISOMs on-line, or from "A Guy". And having insight to watch out for a specific person or company known to sell fakes might be of some use.
Granted, the other idea that this was a rival shop making acusations might also be true, but you take what you can get with info.
Bottom line is buyer beware I think.
BTW, since I am a poor boy without the means to buy ISOMs, if you have any extras from your trips to the Island, I would gladly accept the gift, addy is in profile :D :lookup: :D

One word you said, Practically, is key here. What you might call Practically Free, I have to call too much for me.

Well starting this fall, I will be doing some extensive travelling throughout the Carribean. I will be able to sample as I choose. Actually that is about the only reason I am excited about being stationed aboard a ship. :angry:

Emo

*looks around* who said that? wasnt me.. Hmm,, An alien impostor,, it must be,, Call agent Skully.. :cool: