• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars For A Cigar Dinner?

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Okay I am planning a cigar dinner with some buddies from college as its an alumni weekend and people are comming back from all over.

I am really the only one that smokes cigars, and want to try to get something everyone will like.

Here are the guidelines.

1) $5 dollars or under per cigar (going to order a box)
2) Mild to Medium
3) Good Smoke Volume

Thats about it, Natural/Maduro/etc it doesnt matter just needs to meet 1 & 2 foremost.

I have my ideas but I am wondering what others think.

Here are the guidelines.
1) $5 dollars or under per cigar (going to order a box)
2) Mild to Medium
3) Good Smoke Volume

Here's what I'd suggest....

Arturo Fuente 858 Maduro or Natural
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Natural or Maduro (no SG as it may be too strong)
Padron 2000 or 3000 Natural or Maduro
Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown (a mild Sungrown)
El Rey del Mundo Robusto Ocsuro (wrapped in toilet paper ;) )

Hope this helped. Good luck with your cigar dinner... I'm sure it'll be a success!

Aloha,

Wade

A cigar that I have often given to beginners is Macanudo. It seems to be mild enough that they enjoy it without getting sick, and the price is usually within the range you mentioned too.

Good luck and I hope you have a WONDERFUL cigar dinner.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! ! !

STEVE

Last month I took a bundle of Perdomo Fresh Rolled Coronas to a big outing for the company my wife works for.

As far as pleasing everyone, lets say that the experienced smokers the newbies and even some women that would have never picked up a cigar, THEY ALL LOVED THEM!!!

At the end of the night there were a few Styx left and I let the people who wanted more take them home. This was a big hit at the party and I'll be sure to do it again.

I got the bundle of 50 on cigarbid.com for $55.00. I thought that was a damn good deal for 50 cigars and like I said, they pleased a full range of smokers and non smokers alike.

PEACE,
Gary

I am not a huge fan of Macanudo's, whether they be gold labels, Robust's, or Maduro's.

My list was as follows for ideas:

1) Padron's
2) Gloria's (Wavell)
3) Romeo Y Julieta (1975 Clemenceaus En Tubo)

Any more suggestions? :)

I wouldn't consider the La Gloria Cubana Wavell to be a mild/medium smoke... this may knock some of the newer smokers for a loop... LOL! I think you should consider the Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente in either Nattie or Maddie.... a very well made cigar, mild/medium in strength and tons of flavor!

Wade

Phillies makes a blunt that is Cherry flavored I believe. I have also heard good things about a brand called "Tiparillo."

Seriously, Helixes often get a rave review from noobs (I liked em whan I was new...the experienced smokers will likely find them bland tho).

Remedios is another excellent budget brand.

I would suggest Nat Sherman Host Selection. They are a mild smoke with a very slight sweetnes to the wrapper. I have given many to new smokers and they enjoy them. You can pick up a box for under $70.

I would have to agree whole heartedly on the Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Natural. (I'm not a big maddy fan in general)

The Helix is also a great choice. I love them as a morning smoke with my flavored coffeee. (I know I'm such a tough guy)

I also like Vanilla Havanna Honey's Del Sol size. The first cigar I ever bought for myself as a new smoker of hand made cigars. Always a hit with any newbies I introduce to them. Along the same lines if you don't mind a small cigar is CAO's Moontrace. My favorite for a nite of heavy drinking at the bar.

Perdomo's rosado wraped sticks are great for nebies as well. They have a very solid medium flavor that isn't lacking in flavor. Some are very nice for very reasonable. Even the cabinet reserve are in your budget if you shop on cigar bid.

The AF or Helix would be my very first choices though.

Flor De Oliva Grand Cameroon - medium $59
La Habanera - light $30

get both and let em choose their poison.

Smoke the left overs during morning coffee!

:D
El Rey del Mundo Robusto Ocsuro (wrapped in toilet paper )

Wade, aren't those more like medium to full? :p

I had some rookies gag on these (Heck, I did myself back in the early days) :D

I think the others here gave excellent suggestions an unfortunately since I find mild cigars boring, I never smoke them so I really can't give you a good recommendation except that I also am not a Macanudo fan.

Wow. . . .lots of good cigars mentioned here.

And just for the record, I am not particularly a Macanudo fan either, but everytime I have given one to a newbie, they love them. Never have seen one get sick on one. . . .and boy have I seen them get sick on some of the others I have offered LOL.
Of course, you cannot go wrong with the AF Chateau. . .It is one of my favs to this day.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! ! !

STEVE

If i would choose, i would put in some extra cash and buy Avo Intermezzo for my friends. This one will crack their head open! Its impossible to NOT like this one if you are a newbie.

Otherwise. Macanudo Hydepark Robusto. Its a solid stick with lots of flavours but mild to medium...

Have a very nice evening by the way. :D

All the guys before me gave some great ceegars to pick from. What ever you pick, let your friends know not to inhale them and the dinner party will be a big hit. By the way, I'm a big fan of the A. F. & the AVO myself........ :D :thumbs: :p

Ludwig, out of the three you mentioned .... only the Romeo Y Julieta (1975 Clemenceaus En Tubo) could fit in the medium category. Padron cigars are on the full side, along with the wavells'. Of corse if I was smoking with you, those are excellent choices :D

how about the r & j maduro #4.

it's not a big smoke, but it's nice and creamy and produces a lot of smoke, as i recall.

it might be on the medium-full bodied side, but if they go slow, it shouldn't be a probmel.

okay thanks for all the suggestions.

I have said screw the new guys :), Padrons it is. We will be eating dinner and drinking alot so this will do. Plus I like smoking them :), and I get the leftovers since I am ordering them

yah these people are not really cigar smokers, its more of a gathering an alumni gathering over drinks, dinner, and a cigar or two. I of course will be bringing some of my stash for people that like to smoke

The Padron is a great choice since they are creamy and not too over bearing. Which ones are you going with and how many are you gonna pick up? I'm just curious cause I'm sure you'll have some left overs and ADDY IN PROFILE......... :D :thumbs: :p
Have a great time. :)