• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars - New Orleans style

TommyRox

My wife and I spend the last 3 days in New Orleans and I definately spoiled my taste in both Single Malt Scotches and cigars.

Saturday, I spent most of the morning at Harrah's and was up about 100.00 at the blackJack table. My brother-in-law and I went to grab some lunch at the closest oyster bar we could find - forgot the name but the Blue Points were to die for. I noticed they had a humi with A. Fuente's 858 and Ashton's Maduros sitting off to the corner. The price for the AF's - 17.00 and the Ashton's were 18.00. I was able to talk the bartender into 10.00 for anything in the humi per the GM's order.
This ladies and gentleman was my first Ashton :love:  which I carried back to Harrahs.

After earning another 200.00 at the same BlackJack table my wife, her brother,his wife and my father-in-law with his wife went back to the hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. We ate at Antoine's in the French Quarter and I must say I haven't enjoyed food like that in years.

After dinner, my brother, Father-In-Law and I retired to the  bar there and I picked up the Single Malts and Cohibas to the tune of 190.00.

Saturday I went by The Cigar Factory www.cigarfactoryneworleans.com and watch them roll up some freshy's and smoked a Maduro Numero Uno's.

I finished the evening with a Vieux Carre Double Corona from The Cigar Factory.

God I love that town.

I love New Orleans and try to go at least once a year. The last time I went I had the head roller at the Cigar Factory roll me a box of double robustos, they are not on their regualr menu of items. I have one left, I think and still don't know what they taste like. They are a year old now though, so maybe I should smoke it. :)

N.O. sounds like a blast. My parents were just down there a week ago and my father brought me back a few gars. Perique (known for their pipe tobacco and exclusively grown on only 50 acres down in Louisianna) makes a premium stick. I've smoked 2 of them already. Wooooo!!! Talk about a full bodied smoke. I've heard mixed reviews about these, but I found them to smoke real nice. They retail out at about $9, but you can pick em up on the net at
Laniap for $98 a box. At that price they are well worth it (prob. about $4 a stick) :thumbs: :thumbs:

:D Sounds like you had one hell of a time. :D

Sounds like a hell of a time! I have always wanted to go there!

I frequent Harrah's in AC, but not the same as N.O.

Great post!

Leebo :D

I can assure you guys that New Orleans is definately a once a year trip for me  - still feeling it.   :D

I will have to send them an email to The Cigar Factory and see if we might get a few of the double robustos to try out that Matt R mentioned. I was actually really impressed with the sticks they were producing. They were quit flavorful and didn't leave a poor taste in my mouth the next day like some of the locally rolled I have tried in the past.

Leebo, I think you would fit right in and have a helluva time !

Thanks guys !

TommyRox back in Texas

Without his $500 smackeroonies, without his cell phone and without the Ashton Maddie he promised his budd. :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

A few weeks ago I went to a herf in Louisana and the Cigar Factory donated some cigars to be handed out. A couple of people fired up a few..... said they enjoyed it. I just dug the one I got out...looks like a PC and the band says Plantation Reserve. Very well constructed.

I'm going to bury it again and maybe in a year or two...... ;)

It's an addicting place. If I go more than a year without taking a trip there I go through withdrawal.