• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cirque du Soleil

Dickson

"I am done - pay the bills and get me a cigar."
Saw Kooza in Htfd last night and let me tell you what a show. I've seen the shows on tv and found them to be very entertaining. Anybodyelse, been? :thumbs:

I went in December and saw Ka'. I too was very intrigued by the show. I will definately go see others in the future.

Jim

It was not their best effort.

We left with about 20-30 remaining.

I'd see them again - but maybe in the cheap seats next time.

Last time we went to Vegas we saw "O". Awesome show, and I def. reccomend seeing it.....

If you go, sit in the middle or upper section so you get a good, full view as there is A LOT going on.

Last time I was in Vegas I seen one of them. I couldnt tell you the which one though.

I took my family to see the winter show Wintuk @ MSG in December. They loved it and I also thought it was a good show but based on what I had heard about the other shows I have to say that I expected a little more. I spoke to one of the ushers and she told me that people who've seen any of the others and come to Wintuk tend to leave a little disappointed. I told her that's how I felt and I hadn't seen any of the others. With that said I heard they are completely redoing the show for next year and it is supposed to be much much better. I'd give it another shot. I have in-laws who are Cirque nuts and they've seen almost every show. They say that Ka and O are definitely the two best.

It was not their best effort.

We left with about 20-30 remaining.

I'd see them again - but maybe in the cheap seats next time.

When compared to their other shows, of which I've seen most on TV. I have to agree with you. I had some 6' and change guy sitting in front of me so I had to move side to side to take in the show. Gary, was that you. lol. Very small seats. While after having talked to my son and wife. The consensus was we wouldn't pay to see them again. But, now that you bring up the cheap seats.

P.S. We found Alegria, to be their best in the past.

"...Because Cirque du Soleil is catnip for old people! They love it! They lovvvveeeee it!!!"

-Patton Oswalt, Werewolves and Lollipops CD. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's about as educated I've even been on this topic... :whistling:

The Wife and I have seen 3 so far but nothing in the last few years. Had front row seats for the last one and that was impressive.

Love them
Seen all of them in Vegas. (Seeing Love in May)
Seen all the ones that have been to Chicago.
Will be going to see Kooza in June.

My favorite so far has been "O" simply amazing the things they can do in water. Story was so-so.

Have seen several shows over the years and they are impressive. If you get out to Vegas, definitely check out "O" and "Love." O was phenomenal.

For all the NYC area members out there, if you liked Cirque and would be into a more intimate/clubby/intense experience you need to Check This Out, Fuerzabruta.

I spent the summer of '01 out in NYC working on and running the stunts for De La Guarda, which essentially is the precursor (although an amazing show in it's own right) to this. They were both by the same creators, and the new show is running out of the same theater space on Union Square, corner of 15th.

Wow!!! That looked wild!!!!

Always wanted to see one of those shows, they look awesome.

For all the NYC area members out there, if you liked Cirque and would be into a more intimate/clubby/intense experience you need to Check This Out, Fuerzabruta.

I spent the summer of '01 out in NYC working on and running the stunts for De La Guarda, which essentially is the precursor (although an amazing show in it's own right) to this. They were both by the same creators, and the new show is running out of the same theater space on Union Square, corner of 15th.

Well.... I'm convinced. This show looks excellent! Thanks Andy. This could very well be the next show I see. I like the idea of the more intimate setting as well.

Catnip or not "O" is one of the greatest stage productions ever, VERY entertaining. Andy I will check into that show next time I'm in NYC.

I've seen Ka, Mystere and O, in that order. I take girl to a show every time she comes to Vegas, whether it be a concert or other performance. We were going to see Love last time she came, but couldnt swing 100+ per ticket, so we just had to go see journey in concert instead.....what a crappy trade off huh? :sign: