• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clipping Cigars

J Lew

taste like chicken
All I ever use is a Xikar. Tried a V notch once didnt like it. Never used a bullet punch.
Do you alternate and find certain ways are better for different cigars?

I have 3 cutters... a Xikar Xi, a Davidoff and a Avo Bullet. I like all 3 and I do use them all but for me, it really just depends on which cutter I grab. The only exception to this is when cutting either a torp or a belicoso... the I'd definitely use either the Davidoff or Xikar.

I love my cutters and they all do a great job! As for the Xikar.... I think it's a great cutter.... I love the click and the clean cuts.... and it's pretty cool looking too!

Aloha,

Wade

I mostly use my Xikar, but i have been known to use the small little plastic cutter that came with my Havana Pocket Humidor. It's a cheap little cutter but it does a very good job.
:)

I don't have one of the name brand cutters....YET!! :D ....however, the double blade cutter I have works great. I have tried the cheap plastic, one blade cutters and it always screws up the cut. It will tear or cut unevenly. And I hate that! :angry:

I guess some day I'll pick up a Xikar to see what all of the hype is about and I would also like to pick up a nice "V" cutter. Someday.........

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Xikar, Davidoff, some cheapos, some nicer cheapos.....a knife...teeth...you get the picture..LMAO But, seriously, I prefer my Davidoff.

I was given a Davidoff years ago as a gift and since it has a lifetime warranty, I am prone to use it anytime. If it goes bad, any Davidoff retailer will swap it out for you at no charge. I love mine. Anything else seems to be a step down.

Zino. After using the buck and a half ones, well, 'nuff said. Want to get a Xikar, also.

hmm, i think i'm actually wearing out my Xikar. had to tighten the screws on it a couple times and the blades seem to be getting duller. have to take 'em up on that warranty. i have an Avo twist punch also, that doesn't seem quite as sharp as it used to either. but it's also got a lifetime warranty.

I used a Davidoff for years, but recently upgraded to a Palio.
The Palio is much sharper and cuts any cigar cleanly.
It is the best that I've ever used and it is guaranteed to stay sharp.

Sam

Xikar for me but I've been eyeing a nice Palio at one of my local shops! :D

I used to use a "V" cutter exclusively, but now I prefer a punch except with torpedo's where I use a guillitine.

Sam

I was leaving work this afternoon and pulled a RASS out to smoke on the way home. Reached for my cutter and discovered I had left it at home. A friend of mine had told me that his dad used to use his teeth to go around the cap so it would come off and he would have a clean cut. So I tried it and damn if it didn't work!

As I smoked the cigar a piece of the wrapper started to come loose, but I was able to control it with no problem. I won't be getting rid of my Palio anytime soon, though. :D

I'm surprised not to hear anyone using a Swiss Army Knife (SAK). I have been using one for about a year now and its as sharp today as the first day I used it. I swear by it. Very nice clean cut. I also have a rosewood Xikar that does a great job but I prefer the SAK.

yeah Kenny I saw one, was actually a golfers model. Had a ball cleaner and other things I wouldnt use. Are there other models out there?

Yes Jason, there are several models of the SAK. I currently use what is known as the slim model or lite. (first picture below)It has a knife blade, a file, and the cigar cutter. I've seen the golf model...great if you're a golfer. (middle left) Another model called the Deluxe (middle middle) is a little bit bulkier and has other tools. The Luxury Cigar tool (middle right) is stainless steel with a leather inlay handle.

The one I want is the bottom one. Just haven't found it at a reasonable price yet. ???

The middle three you can find at cigarbid most all the time. I would not bid more than $20 on the golf model or the Deluxe. I have won several of the Deluxe ones for less than that. You just need to be persistent. I have not had any luck winning the Luxury cigar tool. I've never bid over $30 on it and lose everytime. Winning bids usually run between $40 to $60 on that one.

17938.gif

M-SA16889.jpg
M-SA16780.jpg
M-SA16886.jpg
cigarcutter.jpg
pg0062-p002.jpg

I'm using the golf model SAK myself. Takes a bit of learning to get the cut right but then works very well. Plus the "grove cleaner" make a great holder for smoking those nubs. :0