• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coffee Snobery

hoshnasi

Hobbling hero
The office space runs on coffee and to a lessor extent tea (which I drink often). However I'm on a coffee kick right now. We have a little pool going and its basically a $10.00 unlimited membership or a pay-as-you-go $.25 a cup. We have a nice restaurant style machine with three warmers and carafes labeled for each type we brew. The most popular is Starbucks and hazelnut (sick). My favorite is this Kona blend we get.

To point of the matter though, I walked into the kitchen to grab a cup and I was greeted by two full carafes. Hazelnut (sick) and a unlabeled carafe. I went for the unlabeled since I still have a chance of it be un-flavored. I poured half a cup and turned out to be vanilla or something. Upset a little I said, "man, only two options. Both flavored gross coffee." Two people in the kitchen looked at me and said. "But flavored coffee is good! Just smell it." I replied "Look, I may not get the flavored thing, but don't you want a nice coffee base at least before the flavor?? You're brewing the coffee with the flavor added so you have almost no idea what your drinking under that. Why can't we just brew up a bunch Starbucks and Kona and then you can go off grossing it up?"

Heh, I think I'm the coffee snob now and I'm not even that into Starbucks. I may have to start making Vietnamese style Iced Coffee at my desk.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Dear Josh,

Please come make me some Vietnamese coffee.

Thanks,

Phil

My opinion is that not liking flavoured coffee doesn't make you a coffee snob, I also believe that TRUE coffee snobs HATE $-Bucks.

I think their beans are roasted wayyyyyyyy too dark, but the way most people drink their coffee from that place, you could use dishwater and it would taste the same.

To those of you who may say "Who the F*** is he to condemn their coffee?", I'll respond that I think that while their coffee sucks, they are marketing geniuses.

Remember, one man's opinion only.

My opinion is that not liking flavoured coffee doesn't make you a coffee snob, I also believe that TRUE coffee snobs HATE $-Bucks.

I think their beans are roasted wayyyyyyyy too dark, but the way most people drink their coffee from that place, you could use dishwater and it would taste the same.

To those of you who may say "Who the F*** is he to condemn their coffee?", I'll respond that I think that while their coffee sucks, they are marketing geniuses.

Remember, one man's opinion only.

I try to tell everybody this, but they think I'm nuts.

Brew some CP Coffee and it'll change their minds.

When I pay for coffee that is what I expect to get, not some flavored sugar filled lukewarm milkshake. You know something is wrong when my 5 and 4 year old nephews would rather go to Starbucks than an custard stand.

As far as the beans being over roasted, your spot on. Very, very bitter.

As a final thought if gas is $3.75 a gallon, what does pumpkin spice latte equal out too....?

Just go off with a pulp fiction style rant on them...they will come around. LOL

Dear Josh,

Thanks,

Phil

Mang that Cafe Se Dat is the BOMB! But it will light you up, in other words don't drink any after 12:30pm or you'll be up all night. They serve it at all the Pho places around here. Making it yourself can be fun sometimes. Hosh, there is nothing wrong with being a snob, you have every right to want real coffee in your morning brew. I have to put up with old lady perfume and flavored coffee fumes, not to mention listening to their "Female Problem" stories while I'm getting coffee or warming up my lunch. OK - My rant is over too.
I tried the Tatuaje Black Coffee and love it. Can't wait to get my CP Blend!

Dear Josh,

Thanks,

Phil

Mang that Cafe Se Dat is the BOMB!

I highly recommend everyone to try this. Its kinda like a macchiato, but its not truly espresso because there is no pressurized water. The condensed milk is pretty bad ass in it too.

Any Vietnamese drink is alot of fun to me though. In Southern California we have an area called Little Saigon, I go there get some vietnamese stew, baguette sandwiches and tons of iced coffee. Love it!

Starbucks = Charbucks. :angry:

Dear Josh,

Thanks,

Phil

037hate-it-when-he-is-here.jpg

If you don't like the coffee, you don't like it. That doesn't make you a snob. What makes you a snob is the way you communicate your dislike. If you say, I don't like this flavored coffee," you are not a snob. Saying, "All flavored coffee SUCKS! You people are a$$holes for not making MY kind of coffee!", would make you a snob. :)