• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Drinkers. What is your favorite cognac?

SPIVY

THE STIG
I am a big fan of Pierre Ferrand. What about you guys. I personally think it is the best one for each of their price points. My family has been collecting Cognacs for a long time, I have been around them all.

Ed

125201_big.jpg

More of an Armagnac drinker myself.

The most purchased cognac for me would be Hennessy XO

I am a big fan of Pierre Ferrand. What about you guys. I personally think it is the best one for each of their price points. My family has been collecting Cognacs for a long time, I have been around them all.

Ed

125201_big.jpg

I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of cognac but haven't had any since I was in my late teens and early 20's. How much for a bottle of one of those?

Martell Cordon Bleu is my favorite under $100 but I mostly stick with the regular Martell VSOP

I tend to enjoy Normandin Mercier XO mostly. I am a huge fan of Grand Marnier Cent Cinquantenaire when I feel like drinking something special.

Ed

125201_big.jpg

I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of cognac but haven't had any since I was in my late teens and early 20's. How much for a bottle of one of those?

Ambre Pierre Ferrand is about 42. And is better then most of the 80 dollar bottles. IMHO

So are we going to get to see these and some reviews sometime?

My family has been collecting Cognacs for a long time, I have been around them all.

Ed

Thanks, I'll have to pick some up for Christmas or New Years!

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to cognac, but I went and bought a large amount of bourbon/scotch/whiskey yesterday, and the guy gave me a free bottle of Asbach Uralt.

Not bad. Not bad at all. How is this stuff, you cognac connoisseurs??

Well......it's brandy not cognac. :laugh:

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to cognac, but I went and bought a large amount of bourbon/scotch/whiskey yesterday, and the guy gave me a free bottle of Asbach Uralt.

Not bad. Not bad at all. How is this stuff, you cognac connoisseurs??

It's not your fault. Cognac is a brandy that has to meet certain legal requirements. However, in doing so it places itself well above most other drinks that call themselves brandy.

Told you I was noob.

:blush:

I almost went to France this Spring with my co-workers just so I could visit the Hennessy Distillery....there is no public access to any of the Hennessy buildings in Cognac by the way.

Needless to say, I didn't go.

*edited for grammar*

M fave is Hennessy and Courvoisier VSOP

Camus Napolean still my goto bottle
Hennessy XO when I want a deeper richer drink
Pierre Ferrand cigare on occassison