• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Behike

Corneighdo

Corneighdo
I'm just a beginner to cigars (2 years), just bought a humidor, and still learning every day.

I recently received a box of 25 Cohiba Behike 56 cigars which will last me a couple months and a few gifts.

I am wondering if I should take the cigars out of the beautiful box and put them into the humidor (the have no plastic sleeve), or if I can humidify the box with a damp paper towel to keep them in this beautiful display box. I have a small humidor, i I had a walk in or cabinet, I wouldn't need to worry about this.

Regardless, I plan on keeping the original box just because it's beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 96
Hate to be the one to tell you but your Cohiba Behikes are fake. There are a lot of clues to this. First off Behikes have never come in boxes of 25, only lacquered boxes of 10. Do you mind posting pictures of the box closed and bottom as well as a close up of the bands?

As for storage, couple of options. Tupperware or cooler with humidity beads or boveda packs. If that's not an option a ziplock bag or two with a boveda. Last option would be to remove them from the box and place them in the humidor. I would freeze them first to ensure no beetles or eggs since that could be an issue with them since they are fakes.

I've seen a few shops in SF and Napa area that sell fakes and have been doing so for years.

Damn, that'd be a shame. I just watched a video on how to spot fakes and I'm gonna inspect them more when I get to work tomorrow. These actually came from NY area. Posted pics below.

If they are fake, would they still be worth smoking and humidifying properly? Also, do they make fake Partagas d4? I had a questionable one yesterday...

I know they can fake just about anything in this world, so not that surprised.

Attachments

• IMG_2902.JPG
    IMG_2902.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2903.JPG
    IMG_2903.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2905.JPG
    IMG_2905.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2934.JPG
    IMG_2934.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2936.JPG
    IMG_2936.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 113
It's poor form to join this forum and indirectly ask for verification of you're obviously fake cigars. Yes they make fake everything, even non-Cubans. Stick around, read more, post less, use search to find a wealth of information, read the rules, follow said rules, get in on the newbie sampler trade. If you want to smoke those, they baby actually be smokeable, if they're made with tobacco, as fakes can contain anything from paper, sawdust, twigs, tree leafs, pubes, feces. We use a phrase when dealing with Cubans. TRUST YOUR SOURCE. If you can't, you shouldn't be dealing in things like Cuban cigars.

If you wanted to keep those sticks, throw them in a ziplock with a moistened paper towel or s bóveda humidity pack. Not all fakes are crap.

Good luck,
C

Do a google search for cohiba behike 56, you'll find plenty of images of what a real box looks like.

It's poor form to join this forum and indirectly ask for verification of you're obviously fake cigars. Yes they make fake everything, even non-Cubans. Stick around, read more, post less, use search to find a wealth of information, read the rules, follow said rules, get in on the newbie sampler trade. If you want to smoke those, they baby actually be smokeable, if they're made with tobacco, as fakes can contain anything from paper, sawdust, twigs, tree leafs, pubes, feces. We use a phrase when dealing with Cubans. TRUST YOUR SOURCE. If you can't, you shouldn't be dealing in things like Cuban cigars.

If you wanted to keep those sticks, throw them in a ziplock with a moistened paper towel or s bóveda humidity pack. Not all fakes are crap.

Good luck,
C

I had no intention of entering this community with poor form, I was really trying! I read the rules, I did searches, and I got the help I needed - thank you. These sticks are clearly fake, but I will be trying them while also keeping them away from my other cigars. The source is a very trusted business associate but it does not surprise me he is dealing in counterfeits, especially since he gave me 25 of what is retail $130 a stick. I'll check out the newbie sampler trade. Thanks!

Damn, that'd be a shame. I just watched a video on how to spot fakes and I'm gonna inspect them more when I get to work tomorrow. These actually came from NY area. Posted pics below.

If they are fake, would they still be worth smoking and humidifying properly? Also, do they make fake Partagas d4? I had a questionable one yesterday...

I know they can fake just about anything in this world, so not that surprised.

After seeing those pics they are definitely fake. Everything from the box to the bands and even the cigars themselves look fake. I would recommend cutting one open before smoking any of them to see what is inside. Then if it is tobacco and you want to try one out and keep them that's up to you. I have had some really good fakes that tasted better than the real cigars they were trying to impersonate, I've also had some that tasted so horrible I couldn't get past a few puffs on them. Most fakes these days are of fairly good quality as they want you to keep coming back and buying more so you may find that you really do enjoy those cigars.

I would still recommend freezing them as counterfeiters have no QC to follow and the chance of beetles is very good.

As for sources until you have been involved in the cigar world for a while I would stick to buying NC's from a reputable vendor and save the Cubans for when you are abroad and can buy them from a B&M outside of the US to experience what they can offer.

BTW maybe I'm mistaken but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took it as someone who was excited about the cigars they had and not as if you were looking for verification or validation on there authenticity. As for your D4 I would guess probably fake if you got it in the US. Stick around and enjoy the community, contribute where you can and search the archives, ask questions. Most here are a really good group of people wanting to share their passion for cigars, with the occasional asshat thrown in for good measure.

After seeing those pics they are definitely fake. Everything from the box to the bands and even the cigars themselves look fake. I would recommend cutting one open before smoking any of them to see what is inside. Then if it is tobacco and you want to try one out and keep them that's up to you. I have had some really good fakes that tasted better than the real cigars they were trying to impersonate, I've also had some that tasted so horrible I couldn't get past a few puffs on them. Most fakes these days are of fairly good quality as they want you to keep coming back and buying more so you may find that you really do enjoy those cigars.

I would still recommend freezing them as counterfeiters have no QC to follow and the chance of beetles is very good.

As for sources until you have been involved in the cigar world for a while I would stick to buying NC's from a reputable vendor and save the Cubans for when you are abroad and can buy them from a B&M outside of the US to experience what they can offer.

BTW maybe I'm mistaken but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took it as someone who was excited about the cigars they had and not as if you were looking for verification or validation on there authenticity. As for your D4 I would guess probably fake if you got it in the US. Stick around and enjoy the community, contribute where you can and search the archives, ask questions. Most here are a really good group of people wanting to share their passion for cigars, with the occasional asshat thrown in for good measure.
Thanks very much, sounds like you've been at it a while and know your stuff. Love to see another bay area member in here, too! I'm going to take your advice to the fullest extent. When I cut one open, should I just be looking for non-tobacco filler, poor quality tobacco, or other irregularities? They smell great.

Thanks very much, sounds like you've been at it a while and know your stuff. Love to see another bay area member in here, too! I'm going to take your advice to the fullest extent. When I cut one open, should I just be looking for non-tobacco filler, poor quality tobacco, or other irregularities? They smell great.

You're looking for long filler vs short filler, stems, material other than tobacco leaf etc. You can try unrolling the wrapper instead of cutting it. I prefer to do that just because I like to look at the wrapper leaf as well.

You're looking for long filler vs short filler, stems, material other than tobacco leaf etc. You can try unrolling the wrapper instead of cutting it. I prefer to do that just because I like to look at the wrapper leaf as well.
Received fake Esplenditos that had cellophane balled up and stuffed inside. Didn't smoke it because it was so obviously a fake. I still have one just for the fun of it.

I don't do much with in ISO, but unless it's a poor photo, the gal one the band is NOT holographic. Listen to the other brothers here, do what they have suggested to be safe.

Also, since you don't show the bottom of the box, Cohiba should be "burned into the wood", not stamped.

One last thing, these retail at about $60 a stick if real.

Last edited:
The box is the first sign that these are fake. If you're spending $50+ on cigars, I'd expect them to be presented a little better than that.

I don't do much with in ISO, but unless it's a poor photo, the gal one the band is NOT holographic. Listen to the other brothers here, do what they have suggested to be safe.

Also, since you don't show the bottom of the box, Cohiba should be "burned into the wood", not stamped.

One last thing, these retail at about $60 a stick if real.

Check the price on these lately???? They are insane. Box of 10 56's is going to run your around $1000. The days of a $60 BK56 are gone....for now it seems.

Right on. I'm still committed to investigating them and learning as much as I can.

For anyone who cares:
With your advice, I did that this break one open this evening. Nothing but long leaf inside. As a newb, I suspected that chopped filler was less quality, I think that is right? After research, it seems like the more long leaf you get, the better. Lots of long leaves. I've posted photos here.

Let me know what ya think! Also, I smoked one as soon as I found that there was no 'non tobacco' filler (like cellophane as described by jbfurdog), and it smoked pretty well, a bit fast. However, I have heard Cohibas to be very strong, and this was not strong at all - quite mild in fact. The construction was somewhat inconsistent throughout the box, but the one I tried smoked and drew really well. Overall, a very average cigar.

I can not thank you all enough, especially Napa_Smokes, for engaging and providing information with confidence and kindness. I hope to see you all in the proverbial cloud!

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2965.JPG
    IMG_2965.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2966.JPG
    IMG_2966.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 60
I have heard Cohibas to be very strong, and this was not strong at all - quite mild in fact.

I have to disagree! Most of the Cohibas I have had and enjoy from time to time are actually more medium to mild. While being on the milder side, they are not short on flavor whatsoever. However, Behikes are known to be a bit on the stronger side, but definitely nothing like some of the very strong cigars I've had (Scap, I always think about that feral flying pig!).

I have to disagree! Most of the Cohibas I have had and enjoy from time to time are actually more medium to mild. While being on the milder side, they are not short on flavor whatsoever. However, Behikes are known to be a bit on the stronger side, but definitely nothing like some of the very strong cigars I've had (Scap, I always think about that feral flying pig!).

That little Piggie was not that strong....lol

OOOFFF such a fake my god who sold you that ???
Ok Behike only come in box of 10, the box they come in is shiny lacquered piano key finish ,gold coloured hinges on the inside , the bottom of the box is velvet/felt finish with gold writing, furthermore the box has a thick plastic coating around it that you can peel off so the box doesnt get damaged. Lastly it has a pouch which the box goes in which hs the same velvet/felt finish the bottom of the box has.:)