• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Extra Vigoroso 749

Bonfire Smoke

Bonfire Smoke
Last night I reached into the humidor and came out with a Cohiba Extra Vigoroso. It has been sitting in there for about two months. It looked like a very strong cigar so I headed to the patio to take a seat.

I pulled the cello wrapper off and took a wiff. All the sudden I was whisked back to my teen years when I worked at a feed store in Natchitoches, LA. The rich tobacco reminded me of the days we would unload the truck and put all the feed in our store room. The room was half underground, shaded and always very cool. We would lay on the bags of feed and nap after lunch on those hot summer days. You could really smell the molasses and tobacco in the horse feed. Anyway...........

The stick was dark and rich. There was a slight oily sheen on the wrapper. No large veins.

I used a punch on this stick. The prelight draw was very nice. Not too easy and not too hard. The taste of the tobacco to my lips was very tasty. It had a sweet, yet peppery flavor. Maybe a hint of mint. Just something pleasant that I can not place.

I toasted the foot, took a puff and got a taste of pepper and a very nice herbal flavor. I never could really place the exact taste. It just reminded me of herbs. That flavor remained the entire stick. The pepper lightened up after about the first quarter. The ash held firm. I ashed the stick after about two inches. I had on nice clothes and did not want to ash myself. The burn stayed unbelievably even for the entire time. The smoke it produced was rich and full. It took me well over an hour to finish the stick. I did take it to the nub.

It was a very relaxing smoke and much milder than I expected. Nothing really bad to say about the stick I just don't know if I would pay that price to smoke another one.