• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Fakes

Sunward

another brother
I picked up a box of panetela in Cuba, and one from a reputable source. Here are the box covers from the inside lid.

CoHoBox.jpg

So, are either of these suspect?

BOX A.
The box code was totally missing on the one box. This box also had a photocopy of the certificate of origin, as i could NOT discern the 5 people in the tobacco field on the right circle. The ultraviolet coat of arms seal was missing as well.

BOX B.
Box code SVF AG005. Coat of arms visible under UV. Cert. seal looks good. Reputable source from CP list.

Which is Box A? Which is Box B?

AFAIK The glass top fakes have the "Totalmente A Mano" in the font the bottom label uses.

Can you scan in one band from each box?

at first glance the top label looks to be suspect but would need to take a look at some of the other features.

In my limited opinion, I feel the bottom is suspect. Totalmente a mano should be in script from what I know.

I agree, the top label seems to be the fake. With the info given too (about Box A) if it links with the first label shown I'd put my money down on a bet that this is the fake.

Darren :)

To my knowledge there are no Cohiba lables with the "Totalmente" in a non-script font. I just looked at my boxes and the labels most resemble the top picture.

The bottom box label goes with the fake box seal and suspect Cohiba. Although the word "Cohiba" is better embossed, it doesnt have the gold border around the center of the label as in the top. the font is wrong, and thanks for the input, i was looking for the proper font style. Also, i know its fake, because the seal was photocopied. Below is a scan of teh cert of origin seal. The number 239623 has the UV coat of arms, is not as "white" paper, and if you look closely, you CAN make out the 5 farmers in the tobacco field. The box in this pic is the actual fake box from Cuba. The brand in black is not ink, it is burned in, making it convincing.

cohiba_cert.jpg
[/IMG]