• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Perfecto Custom

SPIVY

THE STIG
Cohiba Perfecto Custom
Size: 46ish x 5 5/8
Drink of Choice: Iced Earl Grey and Vanilla Tea
Smoke Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes

Cohiba-Perfecto.jpg

Since there was a question on the background of this cigar in a recent purchase I decided to enjoy my purchase and light it up. I just had sushi with some extra ginger, so I had a relatively clean palate. Made some tea and sat down to watch one of my favorite movies (Bad Boys II). The perfecto is my favorite vitola, so I was excited to smoke it. Plus Robbie told me to grow a pair and smoke it ☺

Cigar Construction & Description:
The cigar had a relatively dark wrapper. Not Maduro dark like the Cohiba Maduro 5 cigars. It was a similar color to the EL 2006 Cohiba Piramides I have. The cigar had good weight for its size, and had a slight give to it when squeezed. It was oily to touch and perfect construction. No prominent veins.

The Smoke:
I cut the head of the cigar on a bias and lit the foot. It started off creamy with toasted notes. The ash stayed firm and was light grey in color. It fell off by itself after about an inch and a half. After about an inch the cigar opened up and had slight leathery flavor to it. Very little spice, but that was soon to come. The amount of smoke stayed constant and burn was impeccable. About two-thirds in the cigar started getting a little hot, but very enjoyable. A little bit of spice started to emerge. Not really a black pepper type of spice but a more mellow white pepper. With about three-quarters of an inch left I decided to put it down.

Overall the perfecto was a wonderful smoke, full of flavor and smoke. I would recommend it to anyone, but I don’t have the slightest idea where to get more. I am glad Robbie pushed me to light it up. Life is too short to just hold onto cigars.

Thanks for looking,
Ed

Nice review Ed. I will be smoking and reviewing mine this weekend. I posted better pictures in my Hamlet review.

Good Show Ed. Robbie is right. Cigars are meant to be smoked, and the experience shared with friends. Nice review.