• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Piramides Edición Limitada 2001

miamipadronsmoker

Enjoying life
It was a nice night in Miami. The days of enjoying my outdoor porch are coming to an end however with the oncoming humidity and heat. Summers here are PC time because anything larger turns into a sponge in no time. I opened the humidor and took out a recently acquired Cohiba Piramides Edición Limitada 2001. I was tempted yesterday by reading how well these were smoking. I have smoked the 2006 and thoroughly enjoyed it even though I didn't find it to be very Cohiba like. This gem was similar just much better. I clipped the tip with my Palio and torched the foot. The torching let off a wonderful aroma. This cigar was obviously taken care of very well from the get go. It smoked like an absolute dream. It had very rich grassy and creamy notes that I associate with Cohibas but also that chocolate flavor like the 2006. This is not your normal Cohiba for sure. My tastes have changed so much over the last year and Cohiba has become a favorite. If you are sitting on one of these go burn it. If not go get one.

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

It was a nice night in Miami. The days of enjoying my outdoor porch are coming to an end however with the oncoming humidity and heat. Summers here are PC time because anything larger turns into a sponge in no time. I opened the humidor and took out a recently acquired Cohiba Piramides Edición Limitada 2001. I was tempted yesterday by reading how well these were smoking. I have smoked the 2006 and thoroughly enjoyed it even though I didn't find it to be very Cohiba like. This gem was similar just much better. I clipped the tip with my Palio and torched the foot. The torching let off a wonderful aroma. This cigar was obviously taken care of very well from the get go. It smoked like an absolute dream. It had very rich grassy and creamy notes that I associate with Cohibas but also that chocolate flavor like the 2006. This is not your normal Cohiba for sure. My tastes have changed so much over the last year and Cohiba has become a favorite. If you are sitting on one of these go burn it. If not go get one.

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

You are getting a very expensive pallet.

You are sending the guy a whole pallet??? How are we supposed to compete with that level of firepower?

You are sending the guy a whole pallet??? How are we supposed to compete with that level of firepower?
I was never good at the engrish. Palate*

Very nice Robbie.

That Davidoff should be kept in a valut.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice Robbie, thanks for making me jealous! :blush: :thumbs:

I've never tried a Cohiba EL, but your making me want to go find a 2001 Piramide....as impossible as it may seem to locate.

If you are sitting on one of these go burn it. If not go get one.

I'm a man on a mission to try one at some point in time, let the search begin!

I definitely love the Cohiba line, absolutely fantastic smokes. I've really not had good experience with the '06 Piramides and have yet to try an '01. Definitely sounds like an awesome cigar, ya lucky bastage! :D Nice review Robbie!

I definitely love the Cohiba line, absolutely fantastic smokes. I've really not had good experience with the '06 Piramides and have yet to try an '01. Definitely sounds like an awesome cigar, ya lucky bastage! :D Nice review Robbie!

Quit your whining! :laugh:

I do know something that Greg will be going ape$hit over though that I just can't fathom him not having a good experience with: Bolivar Petit Belicoso EL '09 :0

Quit your whining! :laugh:

I do know something that Greg will be going ape$hit over though that I just can't fathom him not having a good experience with: Bolivar Petit Belicoso EL '09 :0

<GASP!!!!>

Looks like a fantastic smoke! Thanks for the review Robbie!

Great review and pictures robbie. I will have to try one some time.