• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Red Dot

gawntrail

I was gifted a Cigar from a friend. With all of the controversy about Cohibas I'd like some of your input on its authenticity and/or its name.

It's a torpedo shape tapering from about 48-50 at the head to about 52-54 at the foot. It is a dark wrapper (maduro?). The band is tri-striped. Top and bottom are black the middle is burgandy/brown with raised gold COHIBA letters (All caps). The O is filled in Red. Centered below the COHIBA on the bottom band of black is EXTRA VIGOROSO - all caps (smaller than COHIBA). On the over lapped part of he band is a stacked capital XV (X on top of the V), in gold - different font than and COHIBA and EXTRA VIGOROSO (somewhat laterally stretched) - slightly smaller than COHIBA, but larger than EXTRA VIGOROSO.

Dude has a great smell (sort of sweet, but not sugary - more spicy maybe.) Another teacher gave it to me, and the aroma has filled my top drawer. Every time I open it, it seeps into the room. Man........it is begging to be lit and enjoyed (moki comes to mind with his midnight working HERF).

The construction looks good, but the band's installation looks hurried (wrap ends are not perfectly overlapped - maybe cause of the smaller to larger ring gauge?).

I think I'll save it for the Las Vegas HERF. I'm running low on quality smokes to bring. Unforseen expenses have plagued the gawntrail household for the last month and a half.

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate any expertise (and BS for that matter) :p

M. Gipson

Cohiba XV 660

Can't comment on authenticity, but its usually the other cohibas people counterfeit.