• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Robusto (ISOM)

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Hbooker reviews a Cohiba Robusto (ISOM)
At the end of a pass the last passer decided to hand off the pass in person, A great way to finish the pass indeed. When he visited he brought 2 special smokes to enjoy. He showed up with the pass and a new portable Humi box. After we had visited our local Joke of a smoke shop and enjoyed a Mayorga HO we went back to my place we had a quick put together meal.
Size: 50 X 5 inches
Initial Inspection: Has a nice satin light brown colored wrapper, I noticed a strange light spot about 1/16th in diameter and we both commented that it is strange for a “Cohiba to have this issue?” We compared the 2 and both had a similar dot on them. No biggie other than that this smoke was pristine. Construction was solid and consistent.
Cutting this one very carefully (Using the left over cap for a band aid for rehab on a stick later) Pre-light draw was firm – nice draw not real easy, but defiantly not plugged. Tasted really nice and had a slight grit of bloom. Quite Tasty indeed.
As I toasted this baby I noticed the essence, hmm this should be good. I took the first draw of this cigar I was treated to a superiorly smooth hearty flavor. Many smokes start real harsh – not this pup!
Very pronounced and bold it was both, Chocolaty and spicy, complex. It changed throughout the smoke. Rich smoke. The burn well this was not real pleasant it required a small touch up 2 times, my buddies Cigar seemed to like the torch a bit more than mine. I also slowed my regular speed smoking to enjoy and savor this smoke.
The ash is a very dark grey and solid. The ash would probably stay on throughout the entire smoke. The flavors changed many times through this smoke and it was a finger burner to be sure. About near the end I was starting to think hey maybe that’s enough – as it was kicking my butt pretty good.

Great Flavor and construction the burn took some from it, but all in all a great smoke that I am glad to be able to try. I thank Wayne for the chance.

Hbooker scale
1-100
Overall a solid 91

I searched for this thread in order to comment on a Cohiba Robusto myself :)

I recently aquired some of these beauties myself. Never having smoked a Cohiba Robusto- in fact, the only Cohiba I ever smoked was an Esplendido (another fine smoke- but too expensive for my taste)

Since all my family is local, we are not going anywhere this holiday (thanksgiving), and her family is coming in (*yippee? :sneaky: ) to spend it with us.

ANYWAY: I decided to fire one up tonight, the wrapper was exactly as described above- light tan, silky smooth and soft. Construction was A+, felt like a solid cigar. I decided to punch the cap instead of cutting it, dunno why, just did. Took the hole punch like a champ- no cracking or splitting. Pre draw was excellent, and tastey too.

I torched the end, let it burn a minute, then blew out the smoke on the first "puff", then took my first taste. WOW! I was amazed. An explosion of flavor... stong but not bitter (I'm not used to that). Spicy and flavorful. I didn't get any chocolate flavor, but lots of spice that changed about half way through. Got more subtle, but still powerful (does that make sense?) The draw was firm, maybe a little too firm for my liking- but not plugged by any strench of the imagination (you hear that RyJ: NOT PLUGGED! take a hint)

The burn on mine was terrible. I had to doctor it along 2-3 times at least, and the wrapper didn't take too well to the torch, might have been better if I used a candle flame lighter- but the torch was in my pocket so I used it.

The ash was dark, started a little flaky, but then got solid quick. And hard to knock off ;) I actually had to tap the ash against the rim of the ashtray to make it come off :)

The cigar was supreme... Now I know why Cohiba's are so reknowed, they are excellent. When I smoked the Esplendido it was one of my first Isom's, and thought it was excellent, but I didn't have my taste in cigars developed yet- this time I knew what I was looking for and it was all there :)

Used a toothpick and impaled the poor thing to squeeze the last bit of precious smoke from its delicate leaves... IT WAS GREAT.... Of the isom's I've had- its definitely in the top 5, without a doubt. Try one if you have the option. AWESOME SMOKE.

:thumbs: Toaster

Back