• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Robusto...May 05.

Jan Primus

Reaction score
I have a bunch of young CoRo's and am getting anxious to smoke em. Had a couple a few months back and definately weren't ready. I've had some siglo vi that were only a year old and were excellent, so I'm hoping these are ready for May 06. Anyone know when these come out of their sick period?

Sick period is subjective, at least IMO. I've smoked a young CoRo and thought it was too young. Had a buddy smoke it and thought it was the best damn cigar he's smoked.

I'd sample them either monthly or every other month until you think they are ready. Some people sample every 6 months, but this is again up to you.

I've never had what I would consider a sick Cohiba. They can be muted in the first year or two though. With as little as two years of age they can be amazing smokes.

lucasbuck said:
I've never had what I would consider a sick Cohiba. They can be muted in the first year or two though. With as little as two years of age they can be amazing smokes.
[snapback]268641[/snapback]​

lucasbuck

this is an interesting statement...around 6 months(or so)after the release of the sigloVI(around christmas '03)everybody was b!tching about how bland and tasteless they were and what a dud this new release was.so i assumed every sigVI made was sick and just put my box away untouched...also assumed they would take many years to come out of their sickness because of the monstrous ring guage.

now you say this above...i defer to you as an expert(at least much more experienced than i anyhoo)in all things cohiba...will most likely try my sigVI's this year based on what you just said.

thanks
derrek :)

I had 10 VI's when they first came out. Outta the box they were sick. 1/3 of the way through they got very tannic and 1/2 through the ammonia made them unsmokable for me. Seven months later, they were still sick, but I could get through 3/4's of the stick before pitching it. The last stick I had was 16 months old, and it was fantabulous, albeit still youg and nowhere near it's potential. Hope that helps.

-Emo

I smoked an '05 CoRo as my last smoke of 2005 on New Year's Eve and it was absolutely fantastic. Strong, Spicey, full of coffee, great buzz...just a great mouth-watering smoke. It was the first of the box I smoked (purchased in the late Spring) and these will now go fast as they are ready for smoking IMHO. Would they get better with a few years on them? Sure. But that's what a second box is for. By contrast, I smoked a Sig IV with an '05 code 2 weeks ago and this defiantley needs more time.

I smoked a Siglo VI last night that was about 6-7 months old and thought it was GREAT!!! Now with some more age on it, it could have been better but it was a very good smoke!!

My '05 COROs suck. I will now give them at least 2 yrs before I even try another one. I bought 2 boxes for a "friend" and then he backed out so now I have them just sitting in my Freezerdor. I smoked an aged one and it was great!

Thanks for all the responses. I shall wait til this June to try another and see how they are coming along. Even if they're smokable by then, I'll make sure to leave some to age for atleast 2 yrs.

dvickery said:
lucasbuck

this is an interesting statement...around 6 months(or so)after the release of the sigloVI(around christmas '03)everybody was b!tching about how bland and tasteless they were and what a dud this new release was.so i assumed every sigVI made was sick and just put my box away untouched...also assumed they would take many years to come out of their sickness because of the monstrous ring guage.

now you say this above...i defer to you as an expert(at least much more experienced than i anyhoo)in all things cohiba...will most likely try my sigVI's this year based on what you just said.

thanks
derrek :)
[snapback]269335[/snapback]​

Derrek

I've got some of the early release Siglo VI and while they were pretty good with six months on them they are now (to quote Emo) fantabulous. I doubt you'll be disappointed if you pull one out in the near future. Of course I'm sure they will only get better so I'm keeping a few tucked away for a while.