• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo 1

Aureus

I stopped by the local cigar shop to watch a basketball game, and absorb some atmosphere. Bought an A.Fuente Short Story and smoked that before I started on the Cohiba. So I'm going to compare and contrast the two.

Construction:
The Short Story was constructed beautifully. Looked and smelled beautifully. The Short Story lit well and burned very well.

The Cohiba looked great, tasted very nice to the tongue and light very easily. But it burned like crap. Every time I wanted to get some smoke I'd have to give it 2 or 3 'get ready puffs' before I could get a decent amount of smoke. It was always very very hot and was nearly burning my fingers to hold the thing.

Taste:
Short Story... well its been well reviewed here and I like it as well.

Siglo 1. When I could get some smoke, it was excellent. But it just wasn't worth the trouble to get anything out of it. I tried smoking it slowly, really I did. But in doing so it'd go out. As I mentioned before, in order to get any smoke out of this thing I'd have to take 2 to 3 deep draws that wouldn't even give me any smoke and then the 4th would yeild some smoke to me. But in the process the cigar got very very hot. Just not worth it.

I’m not really put off Cohiba or the Siglo 1, I’m probably going to buy another Silgo 1 just to give it a second chance and some of the larger Cohibas as well. But I have a definite preference for smaller cigars, just because I rarely have the time for the normal or large sized ones.

WOW.

Sounds like your SIglo I was not on. Or was not stored at 63-65%

Every SIG I I have smoked have had excellent draws and nice volumes of smoke.
I always comment to others who smoke these that for such a small cigar they really have a nice flavor profile and excellent draw.

Definately give them another shot.

WOW.

I always comment to others who smoke these that for such a small cigar they really have a nice flavor profile and excellent draw.

Alex he was probably smoking a legit SIG - Yours are all fakes :laugh: :laugh: - By the way, don't forget to pm me on your next box split

WOW.

same here, the draw on these are usually excellent, the flavor is like it's larger size Siglo's. and certainly give them another shot, you may have gotten the "nail" in the bunch.

Don't give up on them yet! Those little firecrackers are worth another shot!

What should he expect from smoking a Cohiba? Should he be overwhelmed with smoke? I'm just curious....

What should he expect from smoking a Cohiba? Should he be overwhelmed with smoke? I'm just curious....
not a tight draw i can tell you that much, just creamy, rich smoke. and an average draw.