• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo I

Big Worm

Commander Worm of the Southern Alliance
Hey guys, thought I'd let y'all who can't seem to let your smokes AGE in on a little known secret....THEY TASTE BETTER!!! Well, sometimes anyway.

MY SITUATION: Somtime early last year I was gifted, traded and came across (from a brother over at ICG) some GREAT Siglo II's from '99. I simply loved these boogers and couldn't get enough. Those of you who don't know me very well: I am a small cigar smoker: PC and TPCs are my fav's and I rarely, if ever smoke anything above a Corona Gorda, unless it's a very special cigar! ;) Anyway, I decide that if I love the II's so much, the I's would be outrageous. I ordered me up a box of late production 2000's, got 'em in, let 'em stabalize for 3 weeks and greedily pulled one out.
I'll have to tell you, it was the WORST cigar I've had in quite some time - very young and NASTY! I threw it out the window after about 1/3 of it...if that much. I thought maybe I got a bad one and decided to give them another try a few weeks later...BBLLLEEECHHHHKKKK!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: So, here I am..pissed off about this purchase.

Fast Forward, these cigars now have about 2 years on them. The other night, my family and I are heading out for a late evening walk and I open up the ISOM cooler for something different...should I? :( Well, ok, we'll give them another try. GOOD CHOICE!! This cigar was PERFECT!! Nice even burn, thick ash, smooth draw and those nice nutty, slightly spicy, caramely flavors I love in the Siglo Lineup. WHew...money well "invested"!!! ;) :p :sign:

Just a reminder guys, sometime age works it's "magic" on some bad tasting, good cigars!!! :D

My 2 cents,

Worm

Just a reminder guys, sometime age works it's "magic" on some bad tasting, good cigars!!!

Great point Bruddah! It is amazing how some aging can make a huge difference in smokes! I had the same thing happen to me with a box of SLRs.... flat and tasteless when I first had them. I tried them again after months of aging and WOW!!!! a completely different cigar altogether!

Just a reminder guys, sometime age works it's "magic" on some bad tasting, good cigars!!!

I agree 100% Ryan! Great post Bro! BTW... it also helps the cigars if ya don't get Worm-Poop all over them! LMAO!

Aloha Bro!

Wade

Congratulations on yer accidental forward thinking, Bdubya. You know, just to be sure that it was the cigars and not yer tastebuds that changed, you should really get a second opinion. Addy in me profile.
NA :D

It's funny that you should mention the aging and what great things it does. I have found that time on cigars mellows them out and they taste smoother. I just started running an aging humidor at 70%.

Cohiba Siglos don't come in a dress box, bro. :)

DOH!!!! In my best Homer SImpson voice...WHAT A LIAR!!! Nah, I got this SLB of Siglo I's fellas..my mistake!!!

Although, maybe these aren't even Siglo's...they are banded El Dentes..WTF?? ;) :0 :)