• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Siglo

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
Just wondering what anybody's thoughts were on the Cohiba Siglo line? I am leaning toward the Esplendido; a longer smoke with a bigger ring gauge. However, the Siglo line looks temping. Can somebody help me make a decision? It will definetly be a Cohiba purchase.

Ree

ree ree robusto said:
Just wondering what anybody's thoughts were on the Cohiba Siglo line? I am leaning toward the Esplendido; a longer smoke with a bigger ring gauge. However, the Siglo line looks temping. Can somebody help me make a decision? It will definetly be a Cohiba purchase.

Ree
This won't help, but whatever Cohiba you buy you won't go wrong.

My personal fav is the CoRo which it seems you already have. The Esplendidos are a classic for sure. I've heard good things about the news Sig VI but haven't tried one. It basically comes down to which vitola you enjoy, the blend, AFAIK, is all the same.

I have only had a few Siglo III's. The first third of everyone was just ok, but then bam with the pepper flavor. I certainly like those that I had, unsure of vintage, some bro's hooked me up!! Anyway, dunno if that helps you, but there is my $0.02...

Havent had any from the Siglo line. Just the CoRo which is probably my favorite, followed by the Esplendido when I have a special engagement.

The IV is a Corona Gorda which is one of my favorite vitolas 5 5/8 x 46
The III is a Corona Grande which is another vitola I am fond of 6 1/8 x 42

The I is a Perla size which IMO is ridiculously small, it's only 4 x 40. Too bad the Sig I is not a Minuto (4 3/8 x 42).
The II is a Mareva which is another vitola I prefer 5 x 42
The V is a Dalias which is not one of my prefered vitolas 6 3/4 x 43.

If you insist on Cohibas, I'd go with the IV BUT personally, I like the following cigars listed for each vitola over Cohibas in the order listed for each vitola:

Corona Gorda
SLR Serie A
Punch Punch
H. Upmann Magnum 46

Corona Grande
Qd'O Gran Corona

Mareva
WOW, there are so many great Marevas, where do I begin? :D
SLR PC (If you can find them)
Punch PC del Punch :thumbs: (this is just about my favorite cigar, well this week anyway :p )
Ramon Allones PC
H. Upmann PC (this way you can emulate JFK :p )
RG PC
Sancho Panza Non Plus

Now, I don't like these but you might, they are all very popular:
Monte #4
Boli PC
HdM Short Hoyo Coronas

I believe that the Mareva is the vitola that is currently available in the largest variety of brands and in the case of some brands (like Punch, H. Uppman and RyJ) offer three different Marevas.

Oh I forgot about the VI, that is a unique vitola, "Canonazo" 5 7/8 x 52 which I'm fairly certain that no other label offers a cigar with these dimensions.

I'm not a big fan of the VI's

Thanks CC! Your input is valued. I knew you would add your fav's over the Cohiba :p Your choices will be considered. I don't know what it is, but the flavor of the Cohibas I find myself craving the most that have me going back to them everytime.

Ree

coventrycat86 said:
The IV is a Corona Gorda which is one of my favorite vitolas 5 5/8 x 46
The III is a Corona Grande which is another vitola I am fond of 6 1/8 x 42

The I is a Perla size which IMO is ridiculously small, it's only 4 x 40. Too bad the Sig I is not a Minuto (4 3/8 x 42).
The II is a Mareva which is another vitola I prefer 5 x 42
The V is a Dalias which is not one of my prefered vitolas 6 3/4 x 43.

If you insist on Cohibas, I'd go with the IV BUT personally, I like the following cigars listed for each vitola over Cohibas in the order listed for each vitola:

Corona Gorda
SLR Serie A
Punch Punch
H. Upmann Magnum 46

Corona Grande
Qd'O Gran Corona

Mareva
WOW, there are so many great Marevas, where do I begin? :D
SLR PC (If you can find them)
Punch PC del Punch :thumbs: (this is just about my favorite cigar, well this week anyway :p )
Ramon Allones PC
H. Upmann PC (this way you can emulate JFK :p )
RG PC
Sancho Panza Non Plus

Now, I don't like these but you might, they are all very popular:
Monte #4
Boli PC
HdM Short Hoyo Coronas

I believe that the Mareva is the vitola that is currently available in the largest variety of brands and in the case of some brands (like Punch, H. Uppman and RyJ) offer three different Marevas.
PUT THE BOOK DOWN! AND STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE!!

You’re such a wealth of knowledge! You must have a really big head to fit all that stuff in it! When I grow up, I want to be just like Bill!!
puppy_dog_eyes.gif

And if you correct my grammar I will crack it open like a melon! :angry: :)

:D LMAO I didn't even open the book for that one ;)

I am a wealth of useless information, zip codes, license plate numbers, General Motors automobile body designation codes, birthdays, etc. and now since I've been spending so much time on cigars lately I can actually remember this stuff :0 which is kinda scary. Oh, and election statistics in Connecticut :0 When I start rattling off who ran against who in 1976 for State in the 29th district, etc., people always look at me funny :p

I did have a little help from the habanossa site for some of the names for a few of the Marevas AND the actual dimension of a Dalias but other than that, I hate to admit it but I actually knew all that crap from memory. Start expanding your Havana horizons there and you too can be just as whacked as me :p

Oh, you're NO WAIT YOUR :p spelling and grammar was perfect, the wifey musta been looking over your shoulder again :sign:

OMG!

Joe didn't spell anything wrong!!! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Aloha,

Wade

Being such a fan of the Robusto I would go with the Esplendido. It is my favorite cigar. I love the Siglos too but they are a bit milder and not as full flavored. I would take a Robusto, Esplendido or Lancero over any of the Siglos. Having said that the best of the Siglos are the III and VI. And I'm with you 3R. There is nothing like a Cohiba. They're not for everybody but I love 'em.

There is no substitute :love: