• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Spectre CS19

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
While on the vherf, I was writing my review of this cigar. This was gifted to me by one of my colleagues that he got from a customer of his. Stating that because I would never pay the price point to get one of these. Still, pretty stoked to try something like this. My hopes are high for this one, not sure if these are gonna be 3x as good as an opus x, but we will see.

sniff: sweet smell to the wrapper and foot, like a maduro type sweetness. Not a lot of other aromas coming off of it, which I find odd.

dry draw: what the actual hell....why the hell does this have an artificial sweetener cap. Who in their right mind was like ‘you know what would really make this 90$ NC the shiznit, hip n cool? Splenda....wait where did you get that gun?’ Whelp, there goes my expectations. That was nice while it lasted. Time to light it up

DD2A6692-984D-4756-816F-7B75F5154D19.jpeg
1st: ok. Thank god it’s not flavored, or at least as far as I can tell. Salivating more at this point, probably my body’s way of trying to wash out the sweetness tbh. Medium strength. Moderate amount of pepper. Not a lot of flavor in the beginning but there is a weird tingling/fuzziness that has coated my mouth. It’s mild. You know that tingling you get on your tongue with some Cubans? Amplify that, make is slightly unpleasant, and add in the anxiety of wondering if your cigar is poisoned. It’s not horrible but it’s not very enjoyable either. Some peanuts and potato?The flavors are strictly on retrohale. This is weird.
536A9E82-0F8C-48C1-9540-8683DD0BFCFA.jpeg
2nd: still that weird tingling/fuzzy feeling in the mouth. Like biting into a static filled teddy bear, yeah, told you it was weird. However, the retrohale is very enjoyable at this point. Citrus, floral, no pepper at all and the strength is up to Med-full. Earthy flavor. Nearing the end of this mark I’m starting to pick up tobacco on the mouth, thank god.
5EE24BC0-40AB-486A-9FF3-5259B73FB491.jpeg
3rd: earthy, tobacco, retrohale burn is back and the flavors are starting to disappear. I feel like a baby chick molted in my mouth. I am pretty certain these leaves were dusted. Why on God’s polluted earth would anyone do that to a supposed ‘high end cigar.’ Still getting some nuts, bread, and we are back down to a medium.

No, I’m not smoking this down to the nub. It’s lucky I got this far. It was good to experience something like this, but I’m good, thanks. I’ll pass it on.

I smoked a few NC cohibas when I just started my cigar journey and I swore to myself to not smoke this Marca unless it’s cc

Is that cash register price, or retail of $90 for a Red Dot?!?

I'll send you the SOS button next time you try something like this. Lemme know...

While on the vherf, I was writing my review of this cigar. This was gifted to me by one of my colleagues that he got from a customer of his. Stating that because I would never pay the price point to get one of these. Still, pretty stoked to try something like this. My hopes are high for this one, not sure if these are gonna be 3x as good as an opus x, but we will see.

sniff: sweet smell to the wrapper and foot, like a maduro type sweetness. Not a lot of other aromas coming off of it, which I find odd.

dry draw: what the actual hell....why the hell does this have an artificial sweetener cap. Who in their right mind was like ‘you know what would really make this 90$ NC the shiznit, hip n cool? Splenda....wait where did you get that gun?’ Whelp, there goes my expectations. That was nice while it lasted. Time to light it up

View attachment 38559
1st: ok. Thank god it’s not flavored, or at least as far as I can tell. Salivating more at this point, probably my body’s way of trying to wash out the sweetness tbh. Medium strength. Moderate amount of pepper. Not a lot of flavor in the beginning but there is a weird tingling/fuzziness that has coated my mouth. It’s mild. You know that tingling you get on your tongue with some Cubans? Amplify that, make is slightly unpleasant, and add in the anxiety of wondering if your cigar is poisoned. It’s not horrible but it’s not very enjoyable either. Some peanuts and potato?The flavors are strictly on retrohale. This is weird.
View attachment 38560
2nd: still that weird tingling/fuzzy feeling in the mouth. Like biting into a static filled teddy bear, yeah, told you it was weird. However, the retrohale is very enjoyable at this point. Citrus, floral, no pepper at all and the strength is up to Med-full. Earthy flavor. Nearing the end of this mark I’m starting to pick up tobacco on the mouth, thank god.
View attachment 38561
3rd: earthy, tobacco, retrohale burn is back and the flavors are starting to disappear. I feel like a baby chick molted in my mouth. I am pretty certain these leaves were dusted. Why on God’s polluted earth would anyone do that to a supposed ‘high end cigar.’ Still getting some nuts, bread, and we are back down to a medium.

No, I’m not smoking this down to the nub. It’s lucky I got this far. It was good to experience something like this, but I’m good, thanks. I’ll pass it on.
Maybe that was a leftover from Bill’s (not @CigSid) old stash... It may have had the Lewinsky treatment... LOL