• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Sublime EL 2004

Gator

Down at the beach house, spring break for the kids, sitting on the deck with a good book, decided to burn this bad boy i've been holding onto for awhile. Immediately upon lighting i get a run down the side, not a good start. I work my way through that one, then i get a tunnel and another side runner. I hang with it for awhile, but it's a nightmare to keep lit and finally give up on it and chunk it. reached for a Power Ranger from 2000, smoked like a dream, so good I nubbed it. I'm getting less excited bout isoms, seems like i have too many problem cigars :(

I recently bought some Monte #2's and a siglo sampler with 1-5's in it. I have had maybe 3 out of 20 cigars that have been perfect. I think I'm done with isoms for a while.

Sorry to hear that. I've got one of the same I've been holding on to. I hope I have a better experience.

I smoked one of these not more than a ear ago, and had the same result. Meh.

Yep!

I smoked one as soon as I got them and it was impossible to keep lit, smoked one after a year and a little better but still bad, smoked a couple with Jfields and Keystone_Raider a few weeks ago (after a year at 60%) and while the flavor was there and the burn was "okay" .....the bottom line.....not worth $10 let alone any more.

Sorry to hear about all the bad smoking experiences with this cigar. Just some food for thought, this is one of the most widely faked cigar today, and some are very detailed and made of cuban tobacco. I know of a couple of very experienced CP'ers who had fake Sublimes in their posession and didn't know it until they dissected them.

Not to say that everyone who smokes a bad one has a fake, but there are a lot out there, even among experienced smokers. As for me, I've had two that I know were legit (based on source). One was very good, borderline great. The other was so-so, definitely not impressive. I've had two more that were fakes and had horrible burns and construction issues, in addition to being utterly bland. So, take that for what its worth :rolleyes:

My 0.02$ Everybody here seems to have these.

I live in a part of the world were you can by cc's at b&m's an casa de lh legally but I only know a handful of people that have these in their humidor's!

So Mike 33 might be on to something. (imho)

Rene