• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cohiba yellow band dominicans

J Lew

taste like chicken
While on cigar bid I went by a box of 25 Cohiba Esplindidos for $42 min bid. Thinking they were Red Dots and the auction was closing in 5 minutes I went ahead and bid and won. Great deal huh? After further reading they are Dominican Yellow Labels which are now not being sold in this Country(lawsuit from red dot co.)
Some sites say these may become sought by collectors ??? (not sure of that) Anyone try one? And should I not open them and save em' in the humi? Or tear into em' and start smoking? ???

Sorry to hear about the bad purchase J. About 1 1/2 years ago I bought a bundle of those Sinatra cigars. Only because they said they were discontinued and I wanted them as a collectors item. Well, almost 2 years later, they're still being sold, and they taste awful.

If ya like mild Jason, ya got a bargain. I would smoke em. The only collectors items will be the Habanas IMHO. Nice nab tho...they are entirely overpriced at retail. $10 or so for the churchill. It's not worth more than a $3 smoke...again, IMHO.

the price I picked them up for isnt too bad I found them on other sites for $65-$75. If they are mild I'll just smoke em' when I fell like it. All the sites say the same thing that they are selling them till the inventory is out because of the lawsuit with the Red Dot Cohiba closed them down. Sometime I'll get the ISOM version :D

Just to give an update on these. They came in the mail today, boxed like the ISOM version with a band that is jokingly like the ISOM version.
These damm things taste like feet. They are neat for a lookalike keepsake. I smoked one and will most likely give away the others. The band is an exact lookalike from one on the Cigar Aficianado site on Cohibas people purchased thinking they were ISOMs.

dont ask

I do always wonder when people say something taste like sheet , whats their basis for comparison? ???

Hmmmm, do the bands have 'Habana' or somesuch? These could be someone's 'fakes'.

no they dont fake anyone who knows anything. They say dominican republic and have dots instead of checkerboard, but someone on Cigar Aficianado sent one in I guess thinking it was real when he bought it. I knew right after I bid what they were.
I have a few friends here that took some just to have as a keepsake cause it looks like such a joke.
Tony you need to help me post a pic of one. :thumbs: