• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coming out of the closet

Tony Bones

Grundalier
OK. I admit it. I am a Habanos whore.

Many have said the hype surrounding ISOM's is just that, hype. I have to disagree. There's a taste from Cubans that can't be matched by the majority of domestics IMHO. Granted, I love the PAM's, a few Fuente products, and the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio is phenomenal...but I prefer Cubans. And value-wise, it's a 2:1 ratio. I can buy two phenomenal ISOM's for what it costs to buy one super-premium domestic. You can't beat that.

Maybe it's the robustness or maybe it's just my palate, who knows. But one thing is for sure: I'm out of the closet and I'm proud :D

Tony Bones said:
Many have said the hype surrounding ISOM's is just that, hype. I have to disagree. There's a taste from Cubans that can't be matched by the majority of domestics IMHO. Granted, I love the PAM's, a few Fuente products, and the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio is phenomenal...but I prefer Cubans. And value-wise, it's a 2:1 ratio. I can buy two phenomenal ISOM's for what it costs to buy one super-premium domestic. You can't beat that.
Ya, and when an UTSM is plugged, you trash it in the review, and when your HdM EL is plugged... "I think it was good" -- hehe you crack me up. :)

I was reading last night that ISOMs made hair grow on your tounge. Be careful Tony Bones. :sign:

LOL.... he joined the newbie trade sampler to clean his collection out of all the domestics. :D Now they sit in my humidor.

No worries...
beer.gif
For being a ISOM whore he had a very wide range of mild to heavy hitting monsters like that Black Pearl. Im still trying to sort thru and ID all the smokes he sent. :thumbs:

Oh Tony.... did the package arrive OK? USPS had it arriving on your door as of yesterday morning.

Glad you came to your senses Tony. When you going to bring Moki on over with us? :p

lucasbuck said:
Triple_D said:
Glad you came to your senses Tony. When you going to bring Moki on over with us? :p
Good Luck! :D
Good luck indeed! There are plenty of Cubans I enjoy actually; I just don't think there is a "side" -- good Cubans, bad Cubans, good Domestics, bad Domestics... they are all just cigars.

moki said:
Tony Bones said:
Ya, and when an UTSM is plugged, you trash it in the review, and when your HdM EL is plugged... "I think it was good" -- hehe you crack me up. :)
Uh, I didn't have a plugged HDM. I had burn problems :) It still tasted good though, you're correct about that.

Ahhhh that UTSM, it just had a very tight draw. If someone wants to send me another I'll give it a go again :D

Regarding my bringing Moki to the dark side: It'll never happen. He'd somehow have to justify getting rid of the 100k he has spent on Carlito's finest in the last what is it Moki, month?

:sign:

Tony Bones said:
And value-wise, it's a 2:1 ratio. I can buy two phenomenal ISOM's for what it costs to buy one super-premium domestic. You can't beat that.
<voice=AustinPowers>
Yeah baby.........Yeah!
</voice>

My tastes are the same as you Tony. It's either great Cubans or High end Domestics for me. I do how ever try them all and I find a few that are not so high ended. My friend has a tee shirt that says "life is too short to smoke cheap cigars". My opinion and my palate's opinion have to agree with that.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

I was just saying this evening......my "yard 'gars" are Opus, Hemi's, Anejo's, VSG's

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

ah the burden of being so misunderstood! )

I've had plenty of Cubans that I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) immensly. I just don't see the point in cult-like "side" -- they are all just cigars, enjoy the good ones (and there are good ones from every country except perhaps Moldiva ;) )

A few points about the "2 to 1" price differential (will have to be in seperate posts cuz this Internet hookup sucks)

* even the super-premium, limited release cigars like Padron 1964s and Opus Xs should not cost you more than $12 a stick or so (less for smaller cigars such as the PAM Exclusivos, Opus #4s & #5s, etc.). This is comparable to the price of the Cuban conterpart ELs and special releases. Find better sources. :)

* you've skipped over a number of wonderful mid-range domestic cigars, such as; el Rey del Mundo robusto, the various Torano cigars, St Louis del Rey, Padron mille series (2000, etc.), Flor Fina's, Cuba Belicosos, AVOs, and so on. These are all good smokes, and are reasonably priced; there are many others.

* by purchasing Cubans illeagally, you are side-steppin import taxes, state sales tax, and tobacco taxes. To get a feel for how this affects the price, try buying Cubans in Canada. These taxes affect the price of domestics, even purchased out of state.

Geeeez moki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte