• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer problems

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Dell Inspiron 1100: XP Home

Anyone have this problem before?
Find window constantly opens during Explorer secessions stacking ontop of each other. The curser blinks jiggles when over the left favorites window. Other symptoms also.

I figured it was a virus or very bad adware but neither have been found on numerous searches.

Any others experience this before? It seems to be getting worse I think.

Its driving me nuts!!!

It probably is adware (which is very good at hiding itself) and needs to be removed. You mentioned searching for it. What did you use? If you haven't yet, download the free Adware program and use it. It's caught everything on my system except Virtual Bouncer. Oooo... that reminds me. Hit CTRL ALT DEL and go into task manager. under processes, look to see if there's a "Virtual Bouncer" or something like that. If there is, you have to download a separate uninstaller.

Look Here for some great info on Virtual Bouncer (and other spyware.)

Plus, you can hit start, run, and type MSCONFIG and hit enter. When the window pops up, look under the Startup tab to see if anything is running on startup that shouldn't be. If so, you can disable it here, then look for the offender.

So far so good. I did an adware search again and removed 15 but most were probably doscile.

I did find two programs that had attached to my wifes profile side of the computer. Shopping crap she didn't want and didn't know had installed. time will tell if thats it.

Thanks