• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Computer Question

christ0pher

hispanohablante
Okay, brief synopsis. Staples had an ad for an off-brand 3 piece speaker system (2 speakers, 1 sub) last weekend, only 9.97. I saw the sub, which I currently don't have one, and went and bought the system....my current speakers (Altec Lansing) are working fine but there is no sub...THe speakers that came with this system SUCK A$$ compared to my regular speakers...but there is no sub output for me to plug the sub into (into my old, good speakers). My quesiton is, is there a cable I can buy that will split the feed, so i can plug in my sub but still use the good speakers?

Hope that makes sense. Chris

Yes, go to radioshack and get a Y splitter. Make sure to look at the connectors so you get the right gendered cable... you may need a gender bender if they dont have the exact cable.

Emo

Yup, it isnt an amplified speaker. You could open the cheap speakers up and cut the wires going to the speaker. Then run the splitter to those speakers, hide them under the desk, the have the good speakers on top of the desk. Dunno, just a thought.

Emo

Done..I took the Main speaker apart (from cheap, new set) and took out the little chip. I cut off the two feeds, plugged in that chip into my splitter, and plugged in the sub along with the power. Works!

Thanks emo!

glad to hear you got the problem solved. if i may make a suggestion, save some money up and get the system i have. the klipsch 5.1 promedia ultra THX speakers. here is a link Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra 500 watts (yes..500w) of pure magic. you may also need a newer sound card to power these babies.