• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Concerned about heat

Holyvision

The most noobishly noobish noob
Before anyone makes sure I did, I didn't find a thread like this in the first 7 pages of the search!

Ok so, I live in an apartment in Texas, and I cannot afford to run the A/C to keep the place at 70 -- I actually keep my windows open a lot.

I want to purchase my first real Humidor, but I am concerned that it will get over the max temp and have a hazard for bugs. Anyone have any ideas? I thought about making a coolidor, but that still presents the issue of temperature.

All my vents are in the ceiling -- I thought about putting it under the bed (shade + heat rises), but I dunno. I figure on hot days it prolly gets to 83ish in the apartment.

Ideas? Thanks!

Go vinotemp and never look back. I was in the same boat as you and didn't like seeing my humi always at 75ish. I got a vinotemp, got it setup and have been happy ever since. Do a search for vinotemp and you can check out all the threads on them. I got mine on sale at Target for $139.

Go vinotemp and never look back. I was in the same boat as you and didn't like seeing my humi always at 75ish. I got a vinotemp, got it setup and have been happy ever since. Do a search for vinotemp and you can check out all the threads on them. I got mine on sale at Target for $139.

Or as low as $50 since they are discontinuing that model.

Yep. Vinotemp.

In the interim, if you close all the vents except the one in the room the humidor is in, it'll stay about 5º cooler than the rest of the house/apt.

I keep my thermostat at 76º while I'm here and turn it up a couple degrees, to 78º, when I'm at work. Haven't had any problems, but my house is phenomenally well-insulated. Now that cooler temps have arrived in South Texas, it hardly runs at all.

~Boar

I guess for me, I haven't really noticed the higher temps really affecting my humidor. Strangely enough, its cooler than my house most of the time. But the vinotemp is most likely the best option.