• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Consuegra #84 Maduro

JimmyH

First off, I want to thank everyone here for providing me with such a great resource of knowledge.

After researching on here about value cigars I recently purchased a bundle of Consuegra #84 Maduros from JRs. I just got them in today and just finished smoking my first one. I was all ready to be dissapointed but at $34 for the bundle it was worth a shot to me.

Obviously, I'm a noob and haven't had a maduro. I thought the cigar looked great. A few veins but nothing out of the ordinary. My guess for the reason that it's a second is it's slightly lighter shade in a few regions......slightly. The Connie Conversions sheet says its a second of the El Roy Del Mundo Flor de Llaneza 6.50x54. It was listed with JR at 6.12x54 so I don't know what the discrepancy is there but I digress.

The cigar lit evenly and didn't strike me at pre-light draw as having much of a distinct flavor. However, to my undistinguished palate it picked up quickly. I have had the usual newbie stuff like Macs, Punches, Chataeu Fuentes, and the like but this had a roasted nut flavor with just a hint of toasted chocolate that I loved right from the start and hadn't tasted before. I was thrilled with the purchase. Not only because they were so cheap but also for the prospects of more expensive smokes that could put this one to shame with similar flavor.

Well, the first third continued as such, after that it seemed to mellow out with flavor but was definitely a joy to smoke. After the two third mark is where I came to notice a distinct difference....it started to get hot on the draw almost to the uncomfortable point. I can only assume it was because I was smoking it quickly...? I tend to not really inhale but I let about half the smoke come out of my nose because I tend to pick up more flavors this way, but in the last third it burnt too much to do so. It also started to get a little bitter on the tailend. I got it to settle down a bit and finished it down to an inch. The cigar seemed well constructed and burned evenly throughout requiring no relights. All together, I loved the Cigar and can't wait to have another one...I just have a couple questions.

What else should I look for with similar flavor? Is this considered a medium bodied smoke or still mild?

Monday, I have arriving a
box of Padilla Hybrid Torpedoes
2 Montecristo Media Noche
2 CAO Black ltd
2 Pueblo Dominicano
2 Rocky Patel REO
2 5 Vegas Classic

Comments/Recommendations? Thanks again guys!

For a Noob that was a freaking great review :thumbs: !!! I've been smoking for over 8 years and I still can't expell smoke through my nose, go figure :rolleyes: !

As for a great cigar try smoking the Montecristo Media Noche, it's full of great hearty flavors!

For a Noob that was a freaking great review :thumbs: !!! I've been smoking for over 8 years and I still can't expell smoke through my nose, go figure :rolleyes: !

As for a great cigar try smoking the Montecristo Media Noche, it's full of great hearty flavors!
X2....great review and I agree on the Monte Media Noche...great cigar. As far as the connies go, they seem to smoke better with about 6 months age on them.

Thanks for the replies....I'll definitely smoke one of the Media Noches first and try to let some of the Consuegras age a bit.

Back