• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contact lens wearers

Shooter

Living life on the heavies.
Something astonishing happened today.

I have had the same prescription for 20yrs since I first started wearing contacts. In the past three weeks I have had headaches and eye aches. I noticed my vision was blurry and decided to go get a check up, fearing my vision had gotten worse.

JUST the opposite it got better!!!

The doctor told me that 50 percent of the time when people have worn the contact I have come in complaining of blurry vision it had actually gotten better. Whatever I thought. My vision is HORRIBLE without lenses. In contacts I wore a 7.5 after today my vision was 6.62. Almost 4 step towards better vision.

She explained since I wear "Night and Day" they are made to be worn 24/7 for a week. I take em out every night. They allow more oxygen into the eye than any other contact. Due to contacts decreasing oxygen getting to your eye it has to compensate by having more fluid. That increase stretches your eye, causing worse vision. The increase of oxygen with these contacts allows my eye to need less fluid and she said that causes the eye to shrink and your vision to get better.

Now I have worn them for 2 yrs and my vision got better.... Go figure.

I must say they are by far the best disposable contact I have worn. They are more expensive than others, but seem to last much longer. I wore one pair for 8 months, then I lost one and just went to a new pair.

If you wear contacts check em out.

Shane

I think you have one miracle towards sainthood! Keep up the good work.

I guess next flight physical you'll be a hit with the flight surgeon!

Yep, I use the same ones and have had the same experience. I can usually wear them for 1-2 months (24/7) before my eyes need a break for a few days. I don't take them out at night - that's why I wanted them. I hate having to put in contacts in the morning.

I just started wearing those. I hope I have the same results. I am lazy and keep mine in 24/7 with an overnight break every 2 - 3 weeks.

Seth

Damn, I'm intrigued. I wear disposable daily wear and hate the nightly removal routine, especially after an evening of refreshments and cigars. I'll have to check them out.

I will have to check that out too, the next time my lenses run out. Thanks for the tip.

I just started trying contacts for the second time. Mine are daily soft lenses, disposable afer two weeks. My one lens feels like I have an eyelash in it and both dry out after a few hours. One even dropped right out of my eye today! They get all gummy & cloudy aftre just a few hours - I hate them and can see better without them.

Shooter, I just had the same experience! I've been wearing the O2 Optics (same as night/day) for 1 year and my vision has improved from a -8.50 to about an -8. I leave my contacts in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.....probably 362 days per year.

I just started trying contacts for the second time. Mine are daily soft lenses, disposable afer two weeks. My one lens feels like I have an eyelash in it and both dry out after a few hours. One even dropped right out of my eye today! They get all gummy & cloudy aftre just a few hours - I hate them and can see better without them.

Interesting. I had that exact problem the first time I tried wearing them over 10 years ago. This time around, I'm reallly not having any problems even in the winter. What brand of lenses are you using? Mine are daily wear from Bausch & Lomb. The place where you got your lens should have been working with you to try different types until they got it right. Don't give up yet. If I can wear them now, pretty much anybody should be able to.

I wonder if far sighted or near makes a difference. If the expanding and or contracting might improve one and hurt the other.

Seth

I wear the focus night/day as well, and like some others, keep them in 24/7 for normally 2-3 months. My vision has stayed the same for the past 2 years, but I just started wearing these a year ago, so here's hoping for the same.

Also, anyone else use Complete Care? I used to use the normal stuff and my eye doctor made me use this. You have to leave your lenses in there for a minimum of 6 hours, but it like completely cleans them. Some sort of chemical reaction with the case and the solution. Stuff is amazing, no calcium deposits, no nothing on the lenses and my eyes feel great wearing them.

I have always used Opti-Free with great success. NO build up what so ever. Like I said though I take mine out each night. I can't stand taking a nap with them in.

I wake up and my eyes are all red and dried out.

I have always used Opti-Free with great success. NO build up what so ever. Like I said though I take mine out each night. I can't stand taking a nap with them in.

I wake up and my eyes are all red and dried out.

I'm the same way, I wake up and it feels like I have glass in my eyes. I just use the cheap Hy-Vee (grocery chain) brand no rub solution. Take them out every night, give them a light rub and a good rinse in the morning, no problems.

Interesting. I had that exact problem the first time I tried wearing them over 10 years ago. This time around, I'm reallly not having any problems even in the winter. What brand of lenses are you using? Mine are daily wear from Bausch & Lomb. The place where you got your lens should have been working with you to try different types until they got it right. Don't give up yet. If I can wear them now, pretty much anybody should be able to.

I'm on my 3rd brand!! Better today but still sticking to my eyeball and when I roll around with the kids & dogs they feel like they'll roll out the back of my eyeball. I think these are B&L but not sure. I'll edit with the correct type when I get home tonight.