• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Contest time!

dlow

Noob
Ok. Hears the deal. I'm trying to work up the enthusiasm to start restoring a vehicle that's been sitting in my garage for about 2 years now. I absolutely love this vehicle, but have just been putting off the work for one stupid reason or another. So, here's a contest that will hopefully get me in the mood to start the work.

Here's how this is going to work. I'm going to start posting pics and/or clues one at a time at undefined intervals (prob 1-3 days between pics depending on how busy I get at work). The first person to guess the year make and model right, wins a little selection of some of my favorite smokes.

Also, there's a fun little twist. I will randomly select someone else to receive a package of... ermmm... less than my favorite smokes. I swear I will be completely unbiased. :whistling:

Here's the rules:

- Must be an active member in good standing for at least 6 months
- No more than 1 guess per person, per day please
- Contest will run until finished. It will start hard but hopefully get easier as I post clues
- First person to answer correctly, wins
- Randomly chosen person that doesn't answer correctly also "wins" :laugh:

Prize pack #1
- Good (hopefully) smokes picked by me. A sample of what I smoke daily or would like to smoke daily

Prize pack #2
- Smokes that I do not smoke daily of the "I need room in my humidor" variety.

Good luck!

Here's the first clue

gallery_9722_1307_6448.jpg

This will be a fun contest. I can't wait to see the vehicle.

I will guess a 1968 Chevy C10.

"- Must be an active member in good standing for at least 6 months"

Oh well...

"- Must be an active member in good standing for at least 6 months"

Oh well...

See the benefits of sticking around!

Hit me up if you need any parts for that vehicle we have a couple that year range and there is quite a few of them sitting around where i live.

I'm trying to be more active, but I'm gonna guess anyway. I say a 1968 ford bronco

Since my initial guess has already been picked, I'll say a 1967 Chevy C10.

Hope to see more pics of the project!

Since I don't have any idea on where to start (yet), I'll follow suit with a few other guesses here.

1970 Chevy C10

I'll try with a '72 Chevy C10 :)

Good luck with the contest guys, I have a feeling I know the answer, but I'll sit this one out, as I havent been around in a while.

hrmm... some of you are good. Since we're in the ballpark, I'm going to hold off on clues for a little while let others get some guesses in. No one has got it right just yet.

Since my initial guess has already been picked, I'll say a 1967 Chevy C10.

Hope to see more pics of the project!

Actually. I take that back. Anthony wins the prize. PM me your address info and I'll get a nice little care package sent your way! I'll have to make sure my next contest is a little harder! :)

Since I want to have a little more fun with this...

Anthony - If you can guess what engine the truck has in it, I'll make sure to throw a little something extra in the package. Guys, you can help him out if ya want. I'll reserve picking the #2 winner until this part of the contest is completed.

Here's a pic of the truck when I first got it. Isn't this a beautiful sight? I got plenty of thumbs up on the way home that day.

med_gallery_9722_1307_108409.jpg

my guess would be the 4.1L 250cid L6

my dream is to one day own a restored 1945-46 Chevy pick-up

Very cool! Thanks for the contest! But you're restoring it? That truck looks to be in near pristine condition, and I'm definitely digging the color.

Lacking any imagination, I'll say the truck has the old standby - smallblock 350 under the hood.

It's more of a 15 - 30 ft paint job right now. It was "restored" in 1980, but it wasn't a full restoration. The frame has a bit of rust and the engine is a bit of a mess. Interior and the rest is great though.

Cool truck! Those are my favorite years of the Chevys.

Someday I'll buy one and fix it up.

BR

Off by one...story of my life.
Nice job Anthony

I'll take the cargo in the back.

And..... Winner #2 is....

Goldie, because his "about me" page states that he recently lost his job. If this is true, I assume that he's going to need to stop smoking those HTFs that he's become accustom to. Either way, Goldie, your care package should help break you of this nasty habit. I'm assuming your address is correct in your profile. PM me if it's not. Also, if you need to clear out space in your humidor for this selection of fine smokes, feel free to send me any Fuente, Boli, or RASS cigars you might have on hand to make room. :laugh:

I'll most likely get everyone's stuff out the door Saturday. I'll PM you guys the DC info once it goes out.

Finally, thanks to all who participated. I hope you guys had fun with it. Here's the full gallery for the truck: http://picasaweb.google.com/dlow.mail/1967C1002#

Thanks David. I shot you a PM.

Definitely a cool truck. Looking at the Picasa page, I see a YZF 600R sitting in the driveway. That was my first bike, she was a 99 with carbs that were SO out of synch. it was sickening. Looks to be a '98 or a '99?