• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Controlling Temp

Jam1173

Guys, I just noticed that my desktops are sitting at 79 Degrees, now I know this is not good, but I have caught it early since I know just yesterday they were at 70. The temp outside has spiked today and I am sure over the next few months this will become a problem for me, so I am asking, what are some ways that i can lower the temp back to 70 and maintain it there?

I have moved them into the coolest room in the house and I have the ceiling fan running in there, but I dont know how well this is going to work out. I need a solution that will not be a quick fix.

Thanks in advance for your help

I'm in the same predicament. Humidity and temperature have gone up pretty high in the last couple days.

This is the same problem I ran into a month ago.. had a random hot day and the humi shot up to the mid-high 70's for a few days and not too long after that I found a beetle hole.

The cheapest quickest fix is probably to buy a couple freezer packs (not sure which kind would be best though) and rotate them in the humi. Set them on a towel or wash rag so you don't get any cedar wet.

I had pretty much no room in my humi to do this, and looking toward the future I bit the bullet and bought a Vinotemp 28 from Target for ~$200. At first I kept it at 66 ish degrees and just put my entire 100 ct. humi in there so the temps would be controlled. But I've already outgrown that and I've started to use the entire fridge.