• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolerdor Question

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
Hello,

Fine, and you?

I have been using a 72 quart cooler plus 2 desktop humidors for my cigars. I wanted to know if anyone had any special ways of organizing their coolers to make access easier. It seems that I have to take everything out of the cooler to find what I want. The cooler sits flat on the floor as opposed to being in the refrigerator mode. Has anyone added or built shelving or similar to make things easier?

Any bright ideas would be appreciated.

The only thing I do SD is to do up a list of what is in the coolidor and attach to the outside of each one.

Half the fun is digging through to find what you want and then trying to put everything back in so the cooler will close. Kind of like working jigsaw puzzles. :D

Kinda off topic for the Lobby bro. Try keeping the posts to the correct thread. Now for your question: Try keeping assorted singles from your collection in a box in the top.

Emo

This is going to sound incredibly anal to you (and maybe it is :p ) but here's what I do. I have a lot of singles - the result of playing in a lot of passes, running my own pass and buying things in onsey - twosey quantities. So I got a bunch of empty cedar boxes at a local cigar store to keep all my singles in. Next thing I noticed was that I really didn't know what I had or where anything was. So I did a big inventory and made a list of how many of everything I've got, when I got it and which box it's in. I keep it in a spreadsheet. So now if I'm looking for a specific cigar, I don't have to paw through half my collection to find it (or worse, to paw through my entire collection to find that I don't have it any more).

As for shelves, so far I haven't felt the need. I keep my cooler horizontal and everything is stacked up in there just however.

Your right FT that is ANAL :p . That makes sense. The only thing I do is put in shelves as just about everybody here knows :D , I put my singles on the top 2 shelves and place them in individual baggies, if I have more than one of a type of cigar, you know 2 or more than I will place these in one sandwhich bag, and place labels on each bag, I don't seal the baggies just place the cigars in them. Oh yeah my coolerdor is vertical too, and 150qt size.

One possibilty is building trays to fit your cooler. 2-3 inch sides, made to slide into the cooler snug. Router out slots in the bottom for circulation. Rest it on top of the boxes, or glue some 1/2 inch dowel rods in each corner. Cedar would be nice, but even pine would work due to the cedar boxes already in there. Make some dividers or use none as is your preference. One possibility is luan(sp) plywood as it is faced with mahagony i believe, one 4x8 sheet would make a lot of trays.

Damn Wascal, it must be nice to be able to work with wood, I am lucky enough that I can get 2 pieces just hammered together. :D

ParaGod said:
it must be nice to be able to work with wood,
Yes it is nice PG. :D

I can handle that wascal. I didn't know luan was faced with mahogany.

ParaGod said:
Damn Wascal, it must be nice to be able to work with wood, I am lucky enough that I can get 2 pieces just hammered together. :D
Never claimed to be a woodworker,as I'm not. This would be rather simple to make, all you need is a jigsaw and a few brads. Could even cut the slots with a jigsaw. Wouldn't look the best that way but would do what was intended. If you are interested in a profesional job, contact Vern. I think he's making trays for sale. :thumbs:

GREGGGGGGGGGGGGG! You have got to get out more Bro!! :p

Mike {Wascal} Vern is working on a system for 150qt coolerdors, just like you mentioned! ;)

That reminds me! I just got an Email from Vern!! I'm going for the "ARMOR" :sneaky: !! I will ask him how he is doing on that system! ;)

JOE.M. said:
GREGGGGGGGGGGGGG! You have got to get out more Bro!!
Well, let's see....in the past week I've:
  • been to a Jackson Browne concert at Red Rocks,
  • spent a day in Rocky Mountain National Park,
  • hiked Peak 8 in Breckenridge,
  • gone to a Dave Mattews Band concert at the Pepsi Center
  • and ridden the cog railway to the top of Pike's Peak
Frankly, my friend, I've had about all the "out" I can stand for a while. I just want to sit on my patio and smoke a cigar.

Hi,

First note on this board. Just found a reference to it from Smoke mag. auction site.

Re: 'dor. I just put three flat partitions in my 150 qt. Simple 1/4" plywood, finished with an odorless clear finish. Like yours, mine is kept flat. Two notes: the resulting four sections mean I won't have to tear everything out since the boxes don't overlap so much. Also, I think I was able to fill it efficiently (perhaps more so than with out the partitions; just a guess).

Cheers,

Jim :D

Well I'll be! That is so simple it is brilliant! Now why didn't I think of that.

That will work out great for me because I don't want to have to stand mine up.

Thanks