• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor fan

vin#

I was thinking about getting a bigger cooler. I'm not sure if that is a wise idea with my buying habit. :laugh:

Anyways, I was wondering if a fan is necessary when you get a big cooler. Does the humidity vary that much inside a big cooler? Is it possible for one side to be 80% and the other side 60%? What are the varying humidity do you guys get before getting a fan?

I don't think fans accomplish anything. Humidity doesn't vary from one side of the cooler to the other enough to even notice or worry about.

Not necessary. Just open it up every other day or three, that moves the air around enough.

Thanks guys, that clears it up for me. I was searching some older posts, and I thought the fans were necessary even out the humidity.

One less thing to worry about.

As stated above, humidity doesn't usally vary horizontally, but it's my understanding that it can vary vertically. I have a small Oust circulation fan at the bottom of my big cabinet humidor that turns on and off. It cost me around $5.

I used to use them in my coolidors, but not any longer. Like said above, one less thing to worry about having. I do use an Oust fan in my winecoolidor to circulate the air though. But as I think about it, thats also probably not necessary, as it has its own fan to push the cooled air when it cycles.