• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor seal

joselastra

What are the consequences of a poor coolidor seal? My coolidor has been holding a steady 70-71%RH, but recently doing a paper test to check seal(I know, to late) revealed a so so seal. Is therea way to seal it better, with weather seal? Thanks for any info.

If it is holding steady, what are you worried about? Maybe the seal is better then you think.

IMO, you don't want it hermetically sealed.... That could cause excess moisture buildup and obviously lack of circulation...

As long as temp and RH hold within 2-3% I'd not worry about anything...

My coolerdor had a stability problem that I traced to the small beverage door built into the lid. I lined it with something like this and it solved the problem. But as mentioned, you may not want a complete seal and if it's holding steady, why bother?

I am a little anal myself and wanted to ensure that the seal of my cooler was solid so I used something called Frost King Fingertip Rope Caulk. It is puddy-like and there is ZERO odor. It really works well and I have been so far so good with my coolidor seal.

I got it at Lowe's I believe.

I know Im being anal,so looks like Ill be giving the rope calk a shotover the weekend!!

I know Im being anal,so looks like Ill be giving the rope calk a shotover the weekend!!

Just make sure you look around and find the stuff that does not smell. I looked like an ass with my sniffing of all of the sealant type items.....but I found what I wanted.

Just make sure you look around and find the stuff that does not smell. I looked like an ass with my sniffing of all of the sealant type items.....but I found what I wanted.

...will do, thanksfor the headsup!!

Being anal with cigars is the leading cause of "Dirty Pole" syndrome! :(