• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Fired up my coolidor for the first time last week. It's been a week now, and all my cigars are being perfectly humidified. This setup works much better than real humidors! At least the desktop type.

Just thought I'd share... :sign:

Bruddah Rod has seen the light!!!! LOL! Next thing you know you'll be posting here and telling us how you've just set up your 2nd or 3rd 150 Qt Igloo.... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

Same here Rod, I set up an old, small refrigerator with some of Vern's beads just a few weeks ago and I'm loving it. The problem is, it's almost full already!

We also have a 17 cubic ft chest freezer over in the corner of the finished basement that isn't being used ???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

I think I just found me my NEW BIG humi :D

Gotta figure out how many beads I need for 17 cubic feet...........

A quick check of Vern's website sez 1 pound per 5 cubic feet so 3 1/2 lbs!!

Yeah, I also have a chest freezer in the garage that doesn't work. I've been trying to resist cleaning it up, bringing it inside, and converting it into a big humidor. :)

I figure I can probably remove the motor to make it nice and light, line the flat inside walls with cedar, and perhaps line the outside with another nice looking wood to make it look good enough to place in a public place (unlike the coolidor which gets thrown in the closet). Should be a fun project and should produce a really nice humidor. Anyone ever done this?